2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

Soo glad we traded a first round pick for 3.5 years of cap strapping Amari Cooper. Tip top roster management ol boy. 

Hell it was just the 27th overall pick, and a bunch of scrub WRs left otb at the time like Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Terry Mclaurin.

How horrible for our franchise would it have been to have one of those guys on a cheap rookie deal with a 5th year option. 

Noooo Dak was struggling and we needed to win NOW! Cutting Dez didn’t fix him

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Soo glad we traded a first round pick for 3.5 years of Amari Cooper. Tip top roster management ol boy. 

Hell it was just the 27th overall pick, and a bunch of scrub WRs left otb at the time like Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Terry Mclaurin.

How horrible for our franchise would it have been to have one of those guys on a cheap rookie deal with a 5th year option. 

As a member of the Totally worth a 1st club, it’s amazing how the tides have changed. I’d be happy if Dallas got a 3rd rder for him…hell, gimme a 7th, but don’t walk away empty handed please.

• Like 1

Kinda starting to think a trade for a 3rd-5th rounder will materialize. I mean if an NFL team is willing to give 3 years, $60M to Mike freaking Williams (said pejoratively), why wouldn't anyone be willing to take on that exact same deal for Amari freaking Cooper (said emphatically)?

I would think everyone from Jacksonville (out of desperation to save Lawrence) to New England (who always jumps on guys like this while the rest of the league's asleep) would at least have a degree of interest. NYJ, MIA, DET, CLE and WAS round out his likely suitors imo, and who knows? There'd be more than that if we actually cut him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Soo glad we traded a first round pick for 3.5 years of cap strapping Amari Cooper. Tip top roster management ol boy. 

It’s easy to say in hindsight. We got better output from Amari’s Cowboy career than we did from LVE, Taco, Byron, and Mo from the last decade.

The failure is moving on from him too early, not trading for him initially.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I mean, Amari did kind of pull Dak out of an apparent death spiral.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I dont think we lost that trade. In hindsight do we still make it? Probably not, it didnt materialize into a superbowl or conference champioship. But Cooper, despite being soft, is a good player and did help us win a bunch of home games.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, Amari did kind of pull Dak out of an apparent death spiral.

I still give credit to Houck and Colombo more than Cooper. But both moves (firing the OL staff, trading for Cooper) were desperately needed. I will never let anyone forget that for all the "amazing talent" surrounding Dak, we had the #32 ranked OL and #32 ranked WR group at the bye week in 2018 according not NFL Next gen stats.

If Tom Brady struggles with bad WRs (2019), what did we realistically expect from Dak with a bad OL compounded with a bad WR group?

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Kinda starting to think a trade for a 3rd-5th rounder will materialize. I mean if an NFL team is willing to give 3 years, $60M to Mike freaking Williams (said pejoratively), why wouldn't anyone be willing to take on that exact same deal for Amari freaking Cooper (said emphatically)?

I would think everyone from Jacksonville (out of desperation to save Lawrence) to New England (who always jumps on guys like this while the rest of the league's asleep) would at least have a degree of interest. NYJ, MIA, DET, CLE and WAS round out his likely suitors imo, and who knows? There'd be more than that if we actually cut him.

I think teams know that we are going to cut him, and they can sign him without giving up a pick. Idk why we always show our hand like this but we do. If a team wants to avoid a bidding war they might offer a later round pick, but I can’t see anyone giving up a 3rd or 4th for a guy that’s about to be on the open market. 

And remember when the Raiders were fielding calls for an even younger Amari Cooper rumors were no other team offered more than a 2nd besides us, with most teams offering a 3rd or less. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:
13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Nothing says I love you like hush money.

I mean...Jerry's a sleeze, so that wouldn't surprise me. 

Jerry having bastards is not even a tiny bit surprising. I would be shocked if he didnt have a handful of them out there. He is a known sleaze. 

• Like 2