2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Want him back.

I wonder if the Colts' defense is going to be better than ours with Bradley at DC.  They have better players but his defense is the most predictable in the NFL.  I could honestly see them being worse this year than the last couple of years.

24 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wonder if the Colts' defense is going to be better than ours with Bradley at DC.  They have better players but his defense is the most predictable in the NFL.  I could honestly see them being worse this year than the last couple of years.

I think their numbers take a step forward, but I don't like their long term overall prospects. 

The Colts play in a good division for his system. We were actually pretty solid at run D with him, despite average at best run stoppers. 

Houston is rolling with Mills at QB, who has Cooks and that's it. 

Tennessee is so run-oriented it feels like the 50's. 

Jacksonville has a very limited passing game for now. 

In those 6 games, I imagine the Colts D looks good, if not slightly improved. 

The other 11 games...the predictable nature of his scheme is going to hurt them, eventually. If their division opponents improve their passing games too, Bradley's run in Indianapolis could be fairly short lived of he doesn't learn how to evolve his scheme. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think their numbers take a step forward, but I don't like their long term overall prospects. 

The Colts play in a good division for his system. We were actually pretty solid at run D with him, despite average at best run stoppers. 

Houston is rolling with Mills at QB, who has Cooks and that's it. 

Tennessee is so run-oriented it feels like the 50's. 

Jacksonville has a very limited passing game for now. 

In those 6 games, I imagine the Colts D looks good, if not slightly improved. 

The other 11 games...the predictable nature of his scheme is going to hurt them, eventually. If their division opponents improve their passing games too, Bradley's run in Indianapolis could be fairly short lived of he doesn't learn how to evolve his scheme. 

I doubt he ever evolves his scheme.  It's good enough to get him jobs at DC.  Until he stops getting offers at that position I doubt he ever changes things up.  

But you're right, he'll simply look like a better DC just by playing inferior competition.

• Like 1

I think a no brainer move is to dump Denzel Good 4M salary and sign Ereck Flowers to 7-8m to be the LG. Good is average at best and is coming off a major injury after age 30. Ereck Flowers is a stud, former 10 pick who is in the midst of his prime.  Flowers plays LG, so we could see Parham at RG, as like he played in college. We can continue to develop Leatherwood at RT

LT- Miller, Parker

LG- Flowers, Simpson

C- James, Barr

RG- Parham, Elu

RT- Leatherwood, Munford 

I really like that 2 deep better than a few weeks ago. Could even sign one more vet for competition post June 1st. Maybe even bring back Good as depth/reduced salary post June1st. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

My Free Agent List 

QB: Foles, B Bortles, RG3 

WR: W Fuller, Beckham, John Ross, Jarvis Landry, Julio Jones, K Cole, TY Hilton, E Sanders

T: David Quessenberry, Riley Reiff, Brandon Shell, Bobby Massie, Eric Fisher, Marcus Cannon, Solder, Mike Remmers, Dennis Kelly , Cam Fleming, Daryl Williams

G: Flowers, Duvernay Tardiff

Center: Paradis, Nick Martin, JC Tretter, Billy Price

DE/Edge:  Clowney, Carlos Dunlap, Takk McKinnely, Justin Houstin, Jerry Hughes, Melvin Ingram, Trey Flowers, Morgan Fox, Everson Griffin, Mario Addison, Jason Pierre-Paul, Benson Mayowa

DT: Hicks, Sheldon Richardson, Malik Jackson, Star, Eddie Goldman

LB: A Barr, Hitchens, Ragland, Alec Ogletree,  Kwon Alexander,  Kyle Van Noy, Hightower, K Young, KJ Wright, AJ Johnson, Joe Shobort, AJ Klein , D Moses 

S: Landon Collins, J Tartt 

Edited by Humble_Beast