Steelers DC Keith Butler retiring

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, August4th said:

word is Teryl Austin will take over. I wonder who's going to take over the LB coaching role that Butler coached. He was elite at doing that

I wonder if Joey Porter (who I think is available and did some OLB coaching for the team previously) or Larry Foote (who is coaching that group with the Buccs) want it

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

Tomlin class the defense...they’re going to promote DBs coach Teryl Austin anyway.

The last thing they should be doing is promoting from within, but since Tomlin and Rooney are both ******* clueless...I guess people who suck at their jobs deserve promotions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

The last thing they should be doing is promoting from within, but since Tomlin and Rooney are both ******* clueless...I guess people who suck at their jobs deserve promotions.

Butler was always nothing more than Tomlin's fall guy. Butler today confirmed publicly for the first time what was long reported - Tomlin called the defense on gamedays. 

The Steelers aren't going to hire from the outside for obvious reasons. It's a figurehead role. 

21 minutes ago, 43M said:

Prepare to be disappointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I love TA being promoted, if that tells you anything about how I feel about him in the role.

Blank Stare Staring GIF

20 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Wink seems a natural fit 

Id take him over Austin, but I dont really want him.

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope not. He was not an impressive OLB coach. At least not in terms of his results. 

Yeah....our LB corp regressed with him, and immediately started improving after he left.

Hard pass.