Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

It's basically a dead horse at this point.  The FO decided they weren't interested in paying for a top flight ST coach, and MLF hasn't spent any real effort on resolving the blatant issues showing up across multiple ST units.  Firing the prior ST coach just to hire the assistant to that fired coach is a microcosm of how much emphasis GB as an organization places in the ST units.  The team paid the price last night.  The ST incompetence was probably shocking for NFL fans who don't watch many GB games, but no GB fan should be surprised that it happened.  The protection issues in the kicking units have been obvious all year, and it almost seemed inevitable that ST would be the difference in a closely contested playoff game.  The best part is that SF also has bottom tier ST units, but still completely dominated the GB units.

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I watched Favre's last game in 2007.

Rodgers had the same feel to him tonight. Just bad.

Just wait til you see ESB on the all-22 on that horrific long pass to Davante...

Prove it. You’ve heard of a memento mori? I want to make a Memento Moroni. A visual collage of all the reasons football is dumb and has hurt me.

4th and 26. Kaepernick’s rushing total. A buzz saw. Bostick’s onside recovery. Jimmy G 8 passing attempts. Brett Favre throwing to the one receiver who wasn’t open. Aaron doing the same. Will Redmond dropping that interception.

I want it all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's hard for me to judge because Brady is a billionaire so it was different for him, but Rodgers isn't even at Peyton Manning level.

Brady wasn't part of a rebuild because he played out his contract, didn't take anything from his new team in a trade, went to a bad team, took less than he was worth.

Rodgers can retire without getting the Packers anything for all I care.

The ONLY reason Peyton has his second ring is because his defense in Denver carried him.  Brady went to a bad team??  LMAO

I get it.  We are all unhappy and hurt our season ended this way but think before you type.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

I also doubt he's gonna cut the team a deal. Rather, I think he's gonna walk and leave us holding the bag - but - players do this all the time - year in year out - so AR's only different in that he's QB1 and the roster salary structure was built around his cap hit.

So - I suspect our boat's gonna rock in the water a bit.

AR is still under contract so if wants to play in 2022 he plays for us or is traded.  I can't see him retiring right now.  Even tho he stunk last night he can still play at a high level.

Oh I believe they will focus on fixing ST in the offseason.  Drayton will be replaced with someone that knows what they are doing.  Rah rah rah guys without a clue don't cut it.  If the Packers are smart they will not make any knee jerk reactions.  Same with Rodgers.  He played poorly last night but was under pressure all night long.  Pressure Rodgers he folds.  So do most QB's.  

It will be a very interesting off season.  Do they burn it down or bring Rodgers back and try to retain as many players as possible?  Tough call really.  At Aaron's stage of his career can't blame him for not wanting to go through a rebuild.  He doesn't have more than a few seasons left.  We went all in and failed.  Gute just may decide it's time.  Love not showing anything this year certainly doesn't help.  If they do tear it down expect Gute to bring in some competition for him.  

Well I'm still a die hard Packer fan always will be win or lose.  It's been a great 30 year run.  If we return to irrelevance so be it.  Packers won 2 Superbowls which in my mind is pretty damn good.  Regardless of all the would of could of stuff.  I don't believe we can win another ring with Rodgers.  Not sure we'll be able to win one with any other QB either.  At least in the near term.  

So whatever happens happens I'm not expecting anything from this team going forward.  If we can extract a lot of draft capital trading Rodgers probably makes sense at this point.  Gute might just opt for a purge and start putting pieces together for the future.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's basically a dead horse at this point.  The FO decided they weren't interested in paying for a top flight ST coach, and MLF hasn't spent any real effort on resolving the blatant issues showing up across multiple ST units.  Firing the prior ST coach just to hire the assistant to that fired coach is a microcosm of how much emphasis GB as an organization places in the ST units.  The team paid the price last night.  The ST incompetence was probably shocking for NFL fans who don't watch many GB games, but no GB fan should be surprised that it happened.  The protection issues in the kicking units have been obvious all year, and it almost seemed inevitable that ST would be the difference in a closely contested playoff game.  The best part is that SF also has bottom tier ST units, but still completely dominated the GB units.

I think you have hit upon the truth that this organization didn't care all that much about their ST units and it came back to bite them in the rear for all the world to see.  I hope they have finally seen the error of their ways and rethinks their priorities here.  If something isn't done it won't be just the roster that should be gutted.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I think you have hit upon the truth that this organization didn't care all that much about their ST units and it came back to bite them in the rear for all the world to see.  I hope they have finally seen the error of their ways and rethinks their priorities here.  If something isn't done it won't be just the roster that should be gutted.

Drayton's done. I'd be surprised if he didnt box up his stuff and said his goodbyes already. No need for him to conduct exit interviews.

Who they bring it - HAS GOT - to bring fire to those units.

23 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The ONLY reason Peyton has his second ring is because his defense in Denver carried him.  Brady went to a bad team??  LMAO

I get it.  We are all unhappy and hurt our season ended this way but think before you type.

The Buccaneers were a bad team, how is that laughable? They had just lost 9 games, 11 games and 11 games.

And you just watched Rodgers get carried by defense and he couldn’t put up 11 points.

Do you know how many teams win playoff games scoring only 10 points?

Both of your points are not good points.

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

I also doubt he's gonna cut the team a deal. Rather, I think he's gonna walk and leave us holding the bag - but - players do this all the time - year in year out - so AR's only different in that he's QB1 and the roster salary structure was built around his cap hit.

So - I suspect our boat's gonna rock in the water a bit.

I swear to God, if we trade him as a sign of good will, I'm going to have a hard time not being done with this team. Make him play out his god damn contract if the offer isn't good enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I swear to God, if we trade him as a sign of good will, I'm going to have a hard time not being done with this team. Make him play out his god damn contract if the offer isn't good enough.

That would be horrible.  Doubt Gute would do that.  Think we need 2 1st's and a 2 at a minimum.  

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Oh......I'm not a fan of that option either.