Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

Teams win and teams lose. Fans blame and fans scapegoat. This truth is as old as the game of football itself.

Special teams' and offense's failures (including Rodgers) both contributed significantly to last night's abrupt end to the Packers' dreams of another Lombardi.

Maurice Drayton will lose his job, the totally of special team problems proved to be too big a job for this generally competent football coach. His dismissal is inevitable and just.

And he didn't make Lancaster fail to block no one on the blocked field goal - neither the inside or outside guys that lined up over him. Maurice didn't fail to get off the snap and lose his balance resulting in the assigned blocker getting overpowered and a critical punt block surrendering a lead the Packers had held throughout three and 3/4 quarters of the game.

Matt Lafleur didn't call a good offensive game. And he didn't ignore a wide open Allen Lazard and try to force feed a bomb to Adams on a critical 3rd down - something Aaron inexplicably did most of the game.

This loss sucked - for fans, players, coaches and front office. It is going to sting for a good while. Just about the time I think no one could feel any more disappointed than me, my two grandsons fighting back tears and sleepless night reminds me it not all about my feelings, or Aaron's or any single player, coach or fan. Like the joy of victory, this agony of defeat is shared by all of us. Another truth of this GREAT team sport.

Edited by BAM
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

ST's had two critical fails. No doubt - but the offense stunk.

We cant expect to win against top comp when we're only throwing to two people.

I don’t disagree . Not one bit. But let’s take into account 

the offensive line wasn’t good. 

The conditions weren’t great. 

We were without our true secondary WR

We definitely shoulda hit the FG and we probably would’ve scored on the Big Dog fumble when we were rolling. 

The entire offense sucked and the ST was horrific. 

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

If only it were that easy. By rule you can't throw to a second or third progression from your back. As MLF stated, all the concepts run through Adams. First read - checkdown seemed to be all the time Rodgers had the majority of the night. Don't mistake it for football played at recess. The play that caught my eye was when Rodgers scrambled to his right, and had his choice of 5 49ers wide open and not a single Packer receiver outside the hashmark

He had more than enough time. He just got stuck on Adams.

Have one of the worst seasons as a ST coach, blow the playoff game and these softball throwing idiots in the Green Bay media letting MLF off the hook with that softball press conference last night. 

He should have been seriously grilled after that performance.  Those Packer beat writers are as big of a joke as the ST Coach.  

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Weird way of saying you will still accept no criticism of your boy.

Never been true. He should’ve played better. He didn’t lift his team and while he played well enough to win, it as too close and we couldn’t hold.

I can actually be objective and even admit I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Have one of the worst seasons as a ST coach, blow the playoff game and these softball throwing idiots in the Green Bay media letting MLF off the hook with that softball press conference last night. 

He should have been seriously grilled after that performance.  Those Packer beat writers are as big of a joke as the ST Coach.  

I can't believe anyone actually cares what reporters ask a football coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

How isn’t it?

A. None of us wanted to lose that game. I know you think the "haters" want him to lose, but they don't. They just know what he is. 

B. You're basically going "you were right, but it makes me mad so I'm going to try and insult you for being right." 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Striker said:

He had more than enough time. He just got stuck on Adams.

Worst part about that play was Adams still probably makes the stud play, if Rodgers throws a catchable ball, but he threw into double coverage, still unwilling to give a 50/50 ball. Just Aaron Rodgers head games all wrapped up into one play. 3rd down with the season on the line, I'm not angry he locks in to Tae, but trust the damn dude and throw a ball he can get his hands on and he very well may make the play you would expect out of the best WR in the league, but he's still worried about throwing a damn pick so he puts it in a spot that's impossible for anyone to play it.

• Like 2