Can we stop with the "Lambeau" cold advantage yet? Time to turn Lambeau into a dome in January.

DscountDblchk12

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The thing is, it wasn't just the fans wanting cold weather playoff games in GB, it was also Rodgers.  He got what he wanted and crapped the bed... big time.

I mean what do you expect fans/rodgers to say? … I hate playing in cold weather games? … It’s terrible? …. The mental game takes over and you just say “I want to play at home, it’s not even cold…”, even if it’s an obvious lie, so that the road team might get a mental disadvantage. 

Edited by CriminalMind

7 hours ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

It's pretty clear that visiting teams don't mind coming into our territory and whipping our *** in the playoffs over and over again, especially the top defenses.

We probably would have won more games had Lambeau been turned into a dome for the playoffs since we always have had high powered offenses with Rodgers.  Seems like we get neutralized by great d-lines and defenses as it slows down our offense as well against them.  

I wonder where the whole narrative where it's tough to play in the cold started.  We have seen time and time again in the NFL in recent years that it doesn't matter.  I mean Jacksonville almost beat New England a few years back in NE for a championship game.

I don't want to hear anymore media heads talk about the home field Lambeau cold advantage again.  We haven't had won since I was in middle school about 17 years 

Agree, and I've been saying it for years.  

As long as those Ice Bowl video clips are around, this myth will live on.  

It's important not to overreact, we dominated that football game on defense. Offensively Rodgers looked a lot like 38 year old Favre vs NYG. Brady looked like trash in it last year and it was only 30 degrees. Cold football is a young man's game.

We have Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Jenkins all under contract next year along with Dillon and Jones. Time to build a team that doesn't need elite QB play to win in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

A dominant Defense can perform relatively better in a really cold game. A dominant offense, can perform worse in a really cold game. 

the cold:

- reduced GB offensive effectiveness’s

Agreed

- increased SF defensive effectiveness

I would say yes to this, but minimally.  It also increased GB defensive effectiveness 

- reduces the kicking game effectiveness

I'm was not sure GB could have gotten lower.....appears it could AND DID

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's not like he was answering questions about whether he minds playing in cold weather.  He was going out of his way to say he thought it gave GB an advantage.

Just don't get how not dressing with long sleeves is a wise plan.  Sure come out for pregame looking like the tough team.  But go in and layer up to be the smart team

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's important not to overreact, we dominated that football game on defense. Offensively Rodgers looked a lot like 38 year old Favre vs NYG. Brady looked like trash in it last year and it was only 30 degrees. Cold football is a young man's game. We have Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Jenkins all under contract next year along with Dillon and Jones. Time to build a team that doesn't need elite QB play to win in the playoffs.

The Bak experience being deemed an outlier........................at what point next year *should* we expect Jenkins back?

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Are we sure the team even knows what the deal is with Bak's knee?  No denying it's been a longer than normal recovery by current standards.

Well they know whatever the doctors are telling them.....and I'm gonna presume the doctors know their stuff.
I wouldnt be surprised if some more offseason work is necessary. Something clearly isnt right in there.