Can we stop with the "Lambeau" cold advantage yet? Time to turn Lambeau into a dome in January.

DscountDblchk12

Cold is very overrated. Working in the Chicagoland area most of my life I remember back in 1988 all my former Bears fan co-workers were bragging and running their mouths about how Cold it will be at soldier field during the NFC championship game with SF coming to town and this happened.

Edited by St Vince

59 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I know watching on TV isn’t the best quantifier but it never sounds very loud in Lambeau the way it does in other stadiums (BUF, KC, etc) esp in big games. Isn’t that usually the strength of home field advantage?  

In cold, outdoor stadiums like Arrowhead stadium it certainly is!  Lambeau will never be Arrowhead though, lol.

All anyone needs to do is look at our home/away splits from the LaFleur era (and probably Mac too) to see how dumb this question is.

I don't care what the result is, you still want the next one at home rather than the road.

At one point this year we had the worst red zone % in NFL history for a defense on the road, and we had the #1 RZ defense in the NFL at home.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Camarohead and whatever they call Seattle now are loud because of architecture.  They don't scream any louder than any other group of people, especially when there are 60-90 thousand in a group.  

I will say, I was at Lambeau last Saturday- I was surprised with how many SF fans were there.  People clearly sold their tickets trying to finance NFC Championship tickets.  

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed in our fan base.  Those that were there though stood and yelled the entire game.  

46 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I will say, I was at Lambeau last Saturday- I was surprised with how many SF fans were there.  People clearly sold their tickets trying to finance NFC Championship tickets.  

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed in our fan base.  Those that were there though stood and yelled the entire game.  

It is part selling the tickets, and probably part 49ers fans that have been on that bandwagon since the 80s.  Living in Green Bay as a child, there was some decent 49ers support there.  In Madison, I noticed a little more Bears and Cowboys fans, but I think the 9ers were probably third among non-Packers teams.  When I moved to Missouri, it was Chiefs and Cowboys fans for the most part.  I would guess that there are some that were expecting an NFCC ticket, and saw that it was really cold last weekend, and made a quick profit.  Kind of sucks, but I don't know how you stop that.

I haven't been to Seattle.  But I have been to Chiefs and Mizzou games at Camarohead.  It is loud, but I didn't think it was any louder than any other stadium that I had been to.  Like, loud is loud. 

56 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Were you on SF side? I was there too and actually made the comment to my cousin "I see like one niner fan here..." It was all green in my corner. 

Then I noticed there was a pocket of SF fans over on their sideline that were audible during good plays for them.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Were you on SF side? I was there too and actually made the comment to my cousin "I see like one niner fan here..." It was all green in my corner. Then I noticed there was a pocket of SF fans over on their sideline that were audible during good plays for them.

You need to pelt them with bottles and never ending verbal abuse. Then.....then....they'll stay home and you'll recapture your stadium  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Were you on SF side? I was there too and actually made the comment to my cousin "I see like one niner fan here..." It was all green in my corner. 

Then I noticed there was a pocket of SF fans over on their sideline that were audible during good plays for them.

Yes, I was behind the niners bench section 123, row 30- there was like an entire row of niners fans behind me.  I’m glad to hear that maybe I was just in the wrong spot.  Damn gold package lottery!

Edited by Cpdaly23
  • Like 1