Can we stop with the "Lambeau" cold advantage yet? Time to turn Lambeau into a dome in January.

DscountDblchk12

On 1/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, NFLGURU said:

Agree, and I've been saying it for years.  

As long as those Ice Bowl video clips are around, this myth will live on.  

Ah, the Ice Bowl, where *checks notes* the home team from the Midwest needed a last-minute desperation drive to squeak by a visiting team from Texas. 

• Like 1

I don't know how people could watch Saturday's game and not see how much the field conditions aided the Packers defense. SF lives off YAC and getting around the edge, which they simply didn't have / couldn't do like they did just the previous week on Dallas' turf. And Jimmy Garappolo was a mess in that cold. There's a definite advantage to be had with Lambeau if you account for January with your roster construction. Everything was there for the taking. Even with an all-time debacle on special teams, they still only needed their QB to guide the team to 14+ points. Rodgers wasn't so much bothered by the weather. He was saddled by his continued mental handicap of playing to the scoreboard in the playoffs. If the defense had given up 30, Rodgers would have cut it loose and they would have scored 27.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I don't know how people could watch Saturday's game and not see how much the field conditions aided the Packers defense. SF lives off YAC and getting around the edge, which they simply didn't have / couldn't do like they did just the previous week on Dallas' turf. And Jimmy Garappolo was a mess in that cold. There's a definite advantage to be had with Lambeau if you account for January with your roster construction. Everything was there for the taking. Even with an all-time debacle on special teams, they still only needed their QB to guide the team to 14+ points. Rodgers wasn't so much bothered by the weather. He was saddled by his continued mental handicap of playing to the scoreboard in the playoffs. If the defense had given up 30, Rodgers would have cut it loose and they would have scored 27.

It works both way .. the extreme cold helps the defense and hurts the offense for both teams.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It works both way .. the extreme cold helps the defense and hurts the offense for both teams.

One over looked thing is Dillon's broken rib. He was drafted for weather conditions like Saturday night, and wasn't available. I think Dillon would have been the edge we needed in the second half. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You're right, it definitely can impede the offense. It's why the Packers wouldn't be interested in an averaged arm Garoppolo. But warm weather and dome teams do sometimes employ those types of guys and the Packers can be in great position to benefit from it in January if they account for it in roster construction. It goes beyond QB as witnessed with the 49ers. The field slowed all of their skill players down. The home field advantage the Packers have had in the past and held for such a long time, wasn't a fluke. And Rodgers has the arm for January weather. He just plays too damn conservative in playoff games. Only airs it out if the Packers defense forces him to.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

5 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

One over looked thing is Dillon's broken rib. He was drafted for weather conditions like Saturday night, and wasn't available. I think Dillon would have been the edge we needed in the second half. 

I agree 100%. It's not the reason we lost, but damn having him out there would've been nice! 

This is the first thread I've ever stumbled into that made me feel I was double my age and wanted to shamelessly HATE.

A dome would not have saved AR or the GB Offense, it would just turn this franchise into another [BLEEP], which is probably a bad sight after so many years of ragging on Detroit and Minnesota for going that route.