Can we stop with the "Lambeau" cold advantage yet? Time to turn Lambeau into a dome in January.

DscountDblchk12

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Well, that is very presumptuous of you

Well.....a surgeon I'm not.....but figure there's only so many things that can go wrong with a knee - or put another way - what can go wrong with a knee has probably already been experienced multiple times over the years - the data is in so to speak - so, I have a hard time thinking the doctors are stumped.

From the little that I personally know about Bak's situation - it was "just" an ACL tear right? 

In all seriousness, I am sure Bak has no shortage of qualified people looking at his knee.  Some people just recover more quickly from surgeries than others.   I don't expect there to be much more to it than that.  If for whatever reason he is still being held out of things like OTA's (or whatever they are called these days) then we probably have a real problem.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

There's still an advantage to be had. SF lives off YAC and the field and the weather clearly made that much harder last night. It slowed them down and allowed the defense to play it's best game of the year. Need a QB who can play in it though. Both Favre and Rodgers seemed to hate January weather by the end. Rodgers has been a better QB indoors on carpet his whole career. It didn't make him awful on grass and cold, but it sure did last night.

That and our **** tier crowd noise hurts us. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Cold air, wide open stadium. The only thing that will fix crowd noise is engineering.

Agree.  Seattle generates more noise with less people.  A small part of that is the fans approach to the game in Seattle, but 95% is the stadium design and structure.  

On 1/23/2022 at 11:38 AM, incognito_man said:

Plus all the sound dampening with 80,000 parkas, 80,000 bibs, 80,000 wool hats, etc.

The entire crowd never sat down once.

But I agree. It has an impact.

I thought it was plenty loud.

Rodgers was quieting the crowd consistently, and there were many procedural penalties against SF.

Consider that on the road it will be LOUD for GB's offense, and the absence of that is a big advantage in itself.

I'll take the cold vs the road noise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I thought it was plenty loud.

Rodgers was quieting the crowd consistently, and there were many procedural penalties against SF.

Consider that on the road it will be LOUD for GB's offense, and the absence of that is a big advantage in itself.

I'll take the cold vs the road noise.

Piling on here - GB was frequently out of the huddle with 17-20 seconds on the play clock.  SF was frequently breaking the huddle with 7-9 seconds on the play clock because you could tell they couldn't hear the plays 

57 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Piling on here - GB was frequently out of the huddle with 17-20 seconds on the play clock.  SF was frequently breaking the huddle with 7-9 seconds on the play clock because you could tell they couldn't hear the plays 

Good analysis...but actually incorrect.

Let me assist.......there's a little known fact in the field of audiology that COLD affects one's ability to hear considerably. Why do you think all those Eskimos get eaten by Polar Bears? Cant hear them coming!  Well (back to Lambeau......) the eardrums of Packers players have already adapted to the cold whereas the San Fran guys? Not so lucky :)