NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not Surprised by Trent's absence. Would hope he's on the practice field on Friday.

That's quite concerning with Mitchell. Maybe just a rest day?

They are going to need to re-sign Mostert. If this year has taught us much of anything its that Mitchell is 100% not an every down back. His body can't handle it. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not Surprised by Trent's absence. Would hope he's on the practice field on Friday.

That's quite concerning with Mitchell. Maybe just a rest day?

I'm tired of seeing Mitchell's knee on the injury report. I know he keeps playing through what ever he's got going on, but I'm looking forward to him getting rest over the offseason and coming back 100% next year. I don't think we're seeing the most explosive version of himself yet. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are going to need to re-sign Mostert. If this year has taught us much of anything its that Mitchell is 100% not an every down back. His body can't handle it. 

Here is the problem, NONE of these RBs are built to be every down backs. Maybe Sermon has the build for it but Shanny likes these fast backs that aren't the biggest and you take a beating in this system. If we can bring back Mostert, that would be awesome. But if Lance is at QB, I think Shanny goes to more inside runs and Sermon will have more value. Either way, Mostert being back would make this backfield super legit and we can save Deebo from getting worn out with runs by saving him for the playoffs. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Here is the problem, NONE of these RBs are built to be every down backs. Maybe Sermon has the build for it but Shanny likes these fast backs that aren't the biggest and you take a beating in this system. If we can bring back Mostert, that would be awesome. But if Lance is at QB, I think Shanny goes to more inside runs and Sermon will have more value. Either way, Mostert being back would make this backfield super legit and we can save Deebo from getting worn out with runs by saving him for the playoffs. 

It's not Sermon either based on his history lol. 

I don't really expect any of them to be every down backs. I'd expect a rotation. We just certainly can't continue to use Mitchell in the method that we have. 

I'd like to bring Mostert back on the cheap because of that dimension he has that the others don't. Even with Lance in there, I still expect those outside zone pitches (to keep the defense honest) and that's his jam. As you said, it's also helpful that he keeps Deebo from taking as many hits. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not Sermon either based on his history lol. 

I don't really expect any of them to be every down backs. I'd expect a rotation. We just certainly can't continue to use Mitchell in the method that we have. 

I'd like to bring Mostert back on the cheap because of that dimension he has that the others don't. Even with Lance in there, I still expect those outside zone pitches (to keep the defense honest) and that's his jam. As you said, it's also helpful that he keeps Deebo from taking as many hits. 

The problem is that KYLE HATES ROTATING HIS BACKS! It is so damn frustrating but one back is going to get almost all the carries. Like why not give Mitchell a breather here and there and give some carries to Wilson?? If Mostert does return, then I want close to a 50/50 split between him and Mitchell. Keep both fresh and healthy. 

• Like 1