NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Punisher was one of my favorites growing up, so that Netflix series is always my #1. Interested to see where they go with the Eternals, I was surprised at how much I liked that movieKumail Nanjiani Kingo GIF by Marvel Studios

I am also surprised how much you liked that movie lol. It's one of those movies that had some potential, but after seeing it I felt let down. But, that's just like my opinion, man. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Is that the guy in the new Spiderman movie? That was a pretty cool scene. 

Yep. Did you ever watch the Netflix series? He and Vincent D are awesome. 

It's hard to make daredevil an interesting guy, but I thought they did a really good job (also, fight scenes are awesome). Season 2 was a bit rough, but season 1 was awesome (the fight against Nobu...hot damn) and season 3 was pretty strong. 

4 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I was taking a walk this morning, -11 degree weather, and while listening to podcasts, I was thinking about toughness, and how it's misconstrued a lot of times. Who is tougher, the guy who's bigger, stronger, meaner; or the guy who takes the hits, keeps going, more resilient, less mentally affected? I know one is a character and the other is real, but who's tougher between Mike Tyson and Rocky Balboa? To me, the Rams are big, strong and mean, but we are more resilient, stronger mentally. We're the tougher team. When there's a storm, it's calmer right in the middle, in the eye of the storm, and I feel like the niners are tough to get off that spot. We move with the storm, ever calm, and don't lose the focus (I say we, but I, as a fan, am very much being rocked back and forth). I feel like the Rams can get pushed off their spot, and one misstep, and they're in the wind with a barn roof flying right at them. We saw it last weekend, one mistake, then another, then another... those things happen, of course, but I think the Rams are prone to unravelling, whereas, our guys make mistakes, but they compartmentalize, they put it away, they remain centered and focused on the job. If we can force a mistake against the rams, then they're in danger of making another one, and then another one. But we need to take advantage of those. The crowd might be such a big factor. A false start on a key third down... trying to make a play on a 3rd and 15 with pressure in Stafford's face... suddenly he's not in the calm center of the storm, and he has Bosa and Armstead flying right at him.

Excuse me, Sir, this is a thread to talk about the marvel universe 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I was taking a walk this morning, -11 degree weather, and while listening to podcasts, I was thinking about toughness, and how it's misconstrued a lot of times. Who is tougher, the guy who's bigger, stronger, meaner; or the guy who takes the hits, keeps going, more resilient, less mentally affected? I know one is a character and the other is real, but who's tougher between Mike Tyson and Rocky Balboa? To me, the Rams are big, strong and mean, but we are more resilient, stronger mentally. We're the tougher team. When there's a storm, it's calmer right in the middle, in the eye of the storm, and I feel like the niners are tough to get off that spot. We move with the storm, ever calm, and don't lose the focus (I say we, but I, as a fan, am very much being rocked back and forth). I feel like the Rams can get pushed off their spot, and one misstep, and they're in the wind with a barn roof flying right at them. We saw it last weekend, one mistake, then another, then another... those things happen, of course, but I think the Rams are prone to unravelling, whereas, our guys make mistakes, but they compartmentalize, they put it away, they remain centered and focused on the job. If we can force a mistake against the rams, then they're in danger of making another one, and then another one. But we need to take advantage of those. The crowd might be such a big factor. A false start on a key third down... trying to make a play on a 3rd and 15 with pressure in Stafford's face... suddenly he's not in the calm center of the storm, and he has Bosa and Armstead flying right at him.

Jesus you are tough. I was complaining this morning about walking in 15 degree weather for 2 minutes in between 90 degree barns.

To me, I'd rather have the Rocky mentality team.. as you said, no matter what our guys are going to put it all out there.. down 17 to the "best" team in the NFC? No problem. Freezing weather against Rodgers and that defense? Bring it on. I 100% expect the Niners to win on Sunday. Maybe Kyle will let his son get a win next year, but it ain't happening this week

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Jesus you are tough. I was complaining this morning about walking in 15 degree weather for 2 minutes in between 90 degree barns.

To me, I'd rather have the Rocky mentality team.. as you said, no matter what our guys are going to put it all out there.. down 17 to the "best" team in the NFC? No problem. Freezing weather against Rodgers and that defense? Bring it on. I 100% expect the Niners to win on Sunday. Maybe Kyle will let his son get a win next year, but it ain't happening this week

I will admit that I used Celsius instead of Farenheit just because I knew it would look more impressive to americans, without actually lying. -11C is about 12F.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Depends does Thanos have any infinity stones/gems? If not my money is on Rocky!

In this scenario, I'm not saying Rocky wins. Just that even if he loses, he's tougher. And also, if Rocky can change, and the crowd can change, even Thanos can change.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. Did you ever watch the Netflix series? He and Vincent D are awesome. 

It's hard to make daredevil an interesting guy, but I thought they did a really good job (also, fight scenes are awesome). Season 2 was a bit rough, but season 1 was awesome (the fight against Nobu...hot damn) and season 3 was pretty strong. 

The last Daredevil I saw was the Ben Affleck one and that kind of soured me on that character tbh.

19 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Who's tougher, Thanos or Rocky Balboa?!

Idk if you watch it’s always sunny in Philadelphia, but they had a pretty funny debate about who was the bigger philly sports legend between Rocky and Donovan McNabb.