NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They are due for a win. 

Not a big believer in the “hard to beat a team 3 times in a year” thing. It actually happens way more often that not. Although the Rams do have HFA and the slightly better roster. 

50/50 game imo. Gonna come down to game plan and execution. If those two things are a wash, Niners win by being more physical. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t forget the Rams tend to implode late in the game. I also don’t think McVay is as clever as guys like Bellicheck, Shanahan, Reid, etc. He has proven time and time and time again he gets out coached by other High IQ X/O’s Coach Types. 

Jimmy g tends to implode too. 

He plays a clean game, we can beat just about anyone at any time. It's always navigating that seemingly unavoidable turnover

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t forget the Rams tend to implode late in the game. I also don’t think McVay is as clever as guys like Bellicheck, Shanahan, Reid, etc. He has proven time and time and time again he gets out coached by other High IQ X/O’s Coach Types. 

We kind of did against the Cowboys as well lol. 

But I like our chances as long as the top guns are healthy enough to go. Our defense really shut the Rams down in the 2nd half of the last game. Have to get there with four and then contain Kupp. Guessing we double him at certain spots like we did Adams and then let Ward single him up some as well. I think Stafford tries to take more shots down the field so the safeties will once again have to play sound football and can't have any breakdowns like the Bucs did today. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Sean McVay is 47-1 in his career when leading at half. 

P.S. Sean McVay is 1-0 against Reid and 1-1 against Belichick. (He's also 3-1 against Sean Payton.) Kyle Shanahan has had his number since the start of 2019. But your whole "proven time and time and time again" line isn't remotely true.

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We kind of did against the Cowboys as well lol. 

But I like our chances as long as the top guns are healthy enough to go. Our defense really shut the Rams down in the 2nd half of the last game. Have to get there with four and then contain Kupp. Guessing we double him at certain spots like we did Adams and then let Ward single him up some as well. I think Stafford tries to take more shots down the field so the safeties will once again have to play sound football and can't have any breakdowns like the Bucs did today. 

It should be interesting. I feel a sort of calm and confidence that I didn't feel the last few times we met. I think pulling that TB game out after the implosion is the sort of gut-check game that tells a team they can win it all. After we choked away the Week 18 game, we needed that.

The Rams are a Jekyll and Hyde squad this year. They've shown over the past three weeks that they can absolutely bury top teams (17-0 on SF, 28-0 on Arizona, and 27-3 on TB). But they didn't sustain it in two of those three games. If they come out and play close to a full 60 minutes at their potential, they win. I think McVay and the squad are going to finally sustain that effort this time.

Edited by jrry32

48 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sean McVay is 47-1 in his career when leading at half. 

P.S. Sean McVay is 1-0 against Reid and 1-1 against Belichick. (He's also 3-1 against Sean Payton.) Kyle Shanahan has had his number since the start of 2019. But your whole "proven time and time and time again" line isn't remotely true.

It should be interesting. I feel a sort of calm and confidence that I didn't feel the last few times we met. I think pulling that TB game out after the implosion is the sort of gut-check game that tells a team they can win it all. After we choked away the Week 18 game, we needed that.

The Rams are a Jekyll and Hyde squad this year. They've shown over the past three weeks that they can absolutely bury top teams (17-0 on SF, 28-0 on Arizona, and 27-3 on TB). But they didn't sustain it in two of those three games. If they come out and play close to a full 60 minutes at their potential, they win. I think McVay and the squad are going to finally sustain that effort this time.

We will see, you guys came out with a crazy amount of energy and effort to start the game and jumped on us pretty good. But after that, you guys got physically dominated and broken down on both sides of the ball. 

One thing though, Deebo has been banged up in the last two games and Trent struggled to finish the Packers game. Both will need to be able to go and be close to their best self. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We will see, you guys came out with a crazy amount of energy and effort to start the game and jumped on us pretty good. But after that, you guys got physically dominated and broken down on both sides of the ball. 

One thing though, Deebo has been banged up in the last two games and Trent struggled to finish the Packers game. Both will need to be able to go and be close to their best self. 

Stafford has stepped his level of play up since that point. And we're getting healthy at the right time. At the end of the day, I think we're the better team. And I think this is a game where they'll play up to their potential. That Week 18 loss has to be sticking in their craws. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Stafford has stepped his level of play up since that point. And we're getting healthy at the right time. At the end of the day, I think we're the better team. And I think this is a game where they'll play up to their potential. That Week 18 loss has to be sticking in their craws. 

Stafford has played very well the last two games for sure. 

We shall see if you guys are the better team. I'm not sure about that nor am I sure you guys are the more talented team. It's going to come down to Niners front again and if they can get consistent pressure with four and stop the run game. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Daniel Brunskill ... Aaron Donald eraser. Dumbest thing ever, I swear. Makes no sense

Saw some of the last game earlier today and while Brunskill held his own some reps, Donald still was doubled quite a bit. Miller/Floyd were given one on one reps all game with little to none chips. Miller almost made us pay for that at the end. Desperately need Williams back. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stafford has played very well the last two games for sure. 

We shall see if you guys are the better team. I'm not sure about that nor am I sure you guys are the more talented team. It's going to come down to Niners front again and if they can get consistent pressure with four and stop the run game. 

To be blunt, I think our front is better and our QB is better. Y'all have better LBs and better coordinators. Although, Morris has stepped it up as of late. He's going to need to bring it.

But at the end of the day, Von Miller has really come into his own here, Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald, and our other two starters, Greg Gaines and Leonard Floyd, are both very good all around players. Yet, Shanahan and Ryan outdid McVay and Morris in the first two matchups.

Still, I think this is one of those games where big time players make big time plays. And we have more of those imo.