NFC Championship Game GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

https://www.footballperspective.com/how-hard-is-it-to-beat-a-team-three-times-in-one-season/

It is hard to beat a good team three times in a season, they say. Since the 1970 NFL Merger, there have been 21 instances where a team swept a team in the regular season and then had a third battle in the playoffs. The sweeping team has gone 14-7 (14-8 since this was written before the Bucs beat the Saints) in those games, which means it must not be *that* hard to beat a playoff team three times in a season. [1]

It is worth noting that in 4 of these 21 trio of games, the sweeping team was on the road in the postseason. [2] In the 17 instances where the postseason home team swept their playoff opponent during the regular season, the home teams went an impressive 12-5 (now 12-6) in those games. The home team was, as you would expected, favored in all 17 games, with an average points spread of 5.8 points.

Of course the Bucs did beat the Saints last year and road teams are 2-2

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adamq said:

49ers by 10+. Don't love the match-up against any of these 3 AFC teams but yaneverknow

Only the Bengals would the Niners match-up ok against but the Chiefs/Bills would stomp the Niners. That's why I said today both the Bucs/Rams & Bills/Chiefs are basically def-facto conference championship games. 

17 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Only the Bengals would the Niners match-up ok against but the Chiefs/Bills would stomp the Niners. That's why I said today both the Bucs/Rams & Bills/Chiefs are basically def-facto conference championship games. 

Not so sure about KC. I think our front 4 can dominate that oline.. of course the refs will just let them hold on to Bosa the entire game, though 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Was not exactly optimistic with Dallas and GB as well so I'm just running with this burner streak as far as it will take us. Can we hit magic just 2 more times please?

Sorry, wrong thread but it just happened, Tyreek Hill, Oh my goodness!!!!!

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Not so sure about KC. I think our front 4 can dominate that oline.. of course the refs will just let them hold on to Bosa the entire game, though 

That offensive line is far better than last year and may be better than 2019

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That offensive line is far better than last year and may be better than 2019

The only case I'd give the Rams over Chiefs is b/c game is at Sofi but SB is the Chiefs to lose given the 3 other teams. I know Bengals beat Chiefs on last second in the 2nd to last game of the season but that was in Cinci and no way that happens at Arrowhead. Also Bengals offensive is down right woeful e.g. 9 sacks and only won the game b/c Ryan Tannehill is a bum lol! If the Niners can survive the Rams and somehow the Bengals can upset the Chiefs the I'll come on here and finally say I like the Niners chances of a postseason victory lol!

But until then I'll say Chiefs/Rams in the SB and that's that. 

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

The only case I'd give the Rams over Chiefs is b/c game is at Sofi but SB is the Chiefs to lose given the 3 other teams. I know Bengals beat Chiefs on last second in the 2nd to last game of the season but that was in Cinci and no way that happens at Arrowhead. Also Bengals offensive is down right woeful e.g. 9 sacks and only won the game b/c Ryan Tannehill is a bum lol! If the Niners can survive the Rams and somehow the Bengals can upset the Chiefs the I'll come on here and finally say I like the Niners chances of a postseason victory lol!

But until then I'll say Chiefs/Rams in the SB and that's that. 

If the Rams make it, will be the second straight year someone went to the super bowl in their own home field after never having it done before. Chiefs could be involved in both lol 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the Rams make it, will be the second straight year someone went to the super bowl in their own home field after never having it done before. Chiefs could be involved in both lol 

Not sure how many Rams fans will be at Sofi for next week and the SB should they host. I'm hoping for another sea of red next week but maybe the Rams won't sell tickets to the folks in the North. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

49ers are more physical than the Rams. Rams have a good D but it’s not that physical. As long as the QB play doesn’t totally suck, I like you guys in this game. 

NOOOO!!! You liked the Packers over us!!!

But honestly, stop the run, be able to run and just limit the big plays. Game plan is clear vs the Rams, just hope Trent is able to play and Deebo isn't too banged up. 

Kittle is the one that is going to have to have a big game and generate some explosive plays.