TOM BRADY IS BACK

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Guys, ignore anything that comes from Boston sports media when it comes to Brady. They're still not over the fact that Brady left and have been throwing **** at the wall left and right ever since. 

Not to mention that the guy who "reported" that isn't even a football guy. He's the Bruins host on NESN lol. 

Yeah it got to my head for a bit, and I'm not gullible lol. But it wouldn't make sense with him recruiting players and calling them personally. 

• Like 1

I won't be shocked if this is Brady's last year in Tampa and then play somewhere else next season.  As likely, I can see him signing contract extension with at least 70 million guaranteed and playing a total of 3 more seasons.  Realistically, staying in Tampa makes the most sense because the NFC South is the grave yard of QBs with no end in sight.  Plus, Tampa keeps giving him everything he wants on offense.  So either way I don't think the Brady unretirement lasts just this season.

• Like 1

Take it for what it’s worth but I think the speculation of Brady going to Miami was legit and then when the Brian Flores suit came out, he wanted to stay far away from that team - for now - and rightfully so.

Ive got a buddy with some friends who are pretty plugged in, friends who are in league circles and were at the NFL combine in Feb.

As we know there are deals and then there are “deals” in the NFL. Supposedly, Stephen Ross has always wanted Brady in Miami for the last few years, going back to the stuff in the Flores suit. Apparently there was a plan in place that would have Sean Peyton step down from the Saints and go become the Dolphins HC and Brady was going to follow. Why you ask? From what my buddies plugged in friend said, there was going to be some ownership opportunity for Brady in it and he wanted to be the first ever player to also have ownership in the team he played for. Then all the Flores stuff came out and he said no and returned to the NFL like he always was going to, just instead with Tampa and right before free agency so players could be retained for another Super Bowl run.

Miami has made some serious moves this off-season - hired a previous 49ers offensive coach to be their HC - and Brady has yet to sign an extension. I do think Brady plays in Tampa this season, but if he gets ownership opportunity and can start for a loaded Dolphins offense in the ‘23-‘24 season, yeah I think it’s more than smoke.

• Like 1

I think the only legitimacy to these "rumors" are that Miami may have inquired about a trade at some point for TB12 and Arians told them to pound sand or asked for a ridiculous amount of picks. Teams do that all the time - call around inquiring about players that are probably off limits. I think the media took that potential whirl of news and ran with it bc he's building a home in south beach. 

Edit: Following up on this - Miami doesn't entirely have the draft assets to deal for Brady anyways nor would it be wise for any team to deal for a 45 year old QB who's probably now on retirement watch year by year. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

I'm beginning to think that there was a lot more fire than smoke to the Brady - Fins move.

Mainly because of the ownership stake in the team thing

Which my response is, why don't we just give Tom some team ownership 

Like seriously, Brady has been the best thing to happen to us since Gruden + our SB in 02

Why not just give him som real stake in the team? I really don't see anything bad that could come of it.  Let him have a go at trying to make our recent success, a thing for years to come.

50 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm beginning to think that there was a lot more fire than smoke to the Brady - Fins move.

Mainly because of the ownership stake in the team thing

Which my response is, why don't we just give Tom some team ownership 

Like seriously, Brady has been the best thing to happen to us since Gruden + our SB in 02

Why not just give him som real stake in the team? I really don't see anything bad that could come of it.  Let him have a go at trying to make our recent success, a thing for years to come.

When would he have been offered that? He was still under contract with the Bucs. Even retired they'd still have to trade for him. I mean did he really think it would be that easy to just retire and take that type of position? And how much "ownership", 10%? Lots of questions but it still doesn't make much sense to me. 

I'd actually think he'd want to do something on TV for awhile before heading in that direction. He loves the attention since he left New England. But who knows. 

4 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

When would he have been offered that? He was still under contract with the Bucs. Even retired they'd still have to trade for him. I mean did he really think it would be that easy to just retire and take that type of position? And how much "ownership", 10%? Lots of questions but it still doesn't make much sense to me. 

I'd actually think he'd want to do something on TV for awhile before heading in that direction. He loves the attention since he left New England. But who knows. 

I don't think any rumors (aside from that Bruins guy lol) ever involved him actually playing for Miami, but rather be involved in their FO. 

Which kind of goes to the original point, if Tom wants to be involved in NFL ownership/roster decisions post-playing career ... why don't we just offer that? 

3 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I don't think any rumors (aside from that Bruins guy lol) ever involved him actually playing for Miami, but rather be involved in their FO. 

Which kind of goes to the original point, if Tom wants to be involved in NFL ownership/roster decisions post-playing career ... why don't we just offer that? 

That was my understanding as well. Sean Payton was going to be the HC and Brady was going to be involved in a FO role with the team and would help with personnel decisions in conjunction with Payton. 

He was never actually going to play from the rumor I saw and thus, Dolphins didn't need to trade/compensate us to bring him in. 

21 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That was my understanding as well. Sean Payton was going to be the HC and Brady was going to be involved in a FO role with the team and would help with personnel decisions in conjunction with Payton. 

He was never actually going to play from the rumor I saw and thus, Dolphins didn't need to trade/compensate us to bring him in. 

How are all of these discussions and offers happening? Right after the Bucs are out of the playoffs? And would the Bucs be aware of the discussions? And if he's offered part ownership, why just run to the first team that offered that, maybe he can shop that around, to the Bucs or even New England. 

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

How are all of these discussions and offers happening? Right after the Bucs are out of the playoffs? And would the Bucs be aware of the discussions? And if he's offered part ownership, why just run to the first team that offered that, maybe he can shop that around, to the Bucs or even New England. 

Conversations probably happen a lot of the time that we're not aware of between owners/players/coaches on other teams. It's essentially business men networking at various events, or through mutual acquaintances. We never hear about 95% of it because it's just conversation and never goes beyond that.

Reason he wanted Miami is that he's building a house in that area and wanted to remain close to his family and not have to travel. So the fact that it was the Dolphins makes sense.    

At the end of the day, whether it was rumor or not, it never materialized, so no need to dwell on it for 2022.

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit late to the party but I have one question.

How on Earth would the part ownership deal have worked with the salary cap? That has to be a violation and Boone would believe the stake was provided at full cost independently of him playing.

I'm assuming there is no precedent? And why Miami and not Tampa or New England? I'm sure th Glazers or Kraft would have thrown in a small percentage for PR. 

That's why I just don't buy the Miami rumours.

Glad he is back to run the NFC.

7 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I am a bit late to the party but I have one question.

How on Earth would the part ownership deal have worked with the salary cap? That has to be a violation and Boone would believe the stake was provided at full cost independently of him playing.

I'm assuming there is no precedent? And why Miami and not Tampa or New England? I'm sure th Glazers or Kraft would have thrown in a small percentage for PR. 

That's why I just don't buy the Miami rumours.

Glad he is back to run the NFC.

It’s probably not a violation of the cap if Brady pays fair market value for the share interest. Just having an opportunity to buy shares might have been appealing

• 2 weeks later...