2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My best guess for CBs available @ 27 -Hill, Booth, and Elam.

I'm prettt sure Booth will be gone 

20 minutes ago, indifference said:

Depends who are the CBs?

I’m thinking Johnson though…plug n play and will help our run game improve drastically. go CB in r2 or 3

I agree that ZJ is better for our team NOW than Elam/Gordon however I think there are superior Guard prospects available in round 2 and 3 than there are CBs when you factor in Ts that can move inside

Which is why I'd prefer a better Corner in rd 

15 minutes ago, indifference said:

you could make the argument that premium DB play comes from early round guys and you can usually find quality guards later.

💯

The more I think about it though, I feel like ZJ will be gone by 27

He's so clean as a prospect and the best guard imo by far

I'm starting to really hope we trade back a little bit

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I agree that ZJ is better for our team NOW than Elam/Gordon however I think there are superior Guard prospects available in round 2 and 3 than there are CBs when you factor in Ts that can move inside

💯

I believe Licht really values the 5th yr option.  I expect a trade back out of the second round more likely.  Outside of Hargraves, Licht does not draft secondary in the 1st rd.  His track record in rds 2 and 3 for secondary is really good.  If Johnson is off the board, I think Licht goes Travis Jones or OLB.  27 is basically a 2nd rd pick anyway.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

💯

agreed. Would shock me if a team like PIT OR DAL passed on him when they both need the OL help.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I believe Licht really values the 5th yr option.  I expect a trade back out of the second round more likely.  Outside of Hargraves, Licht does not draft secondary in the 1st rd.  His track record in rds 2 and 3 for secondary is really good.  If Johnson is off the board, I think Licht goes Travis Jones or OLB.  27 is basically a 2nd rd pick anyway.  

Ideally a trade back, that trade down and got Vea + another second was masterful. Believe that pick came out to be MJ Stewart but the trade worked out. A draft day haul of Vea and Davis that year was franchise altering

6 minutes ago, indifference said:

Ideally a trade back, that trade down and got Vea + another second was masterful. Believe that pick came out to be MJ Stewart but the trade worked out. A draft day haul of Vea and Davis that year was franchise altering

Licht did pass on Josh Allen.  Now granted, no GM would pull the plug on a first overall QB the GM drafted.  The trade was well done and the Vea/James debate has been resolved.  Maybe JAX @ 32 is willing to come up (not knowing the trade chart) and offer their 4th rdr.  I would be very surprised if Licht moved out of the 1st rd.  Last year would have been the year and he did not do it.

Edited by ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I love DJ, but can't agree with his rankings here. If you solely want a hybrid WR/seam stretcher TE, than Dulcich is your guy. he's a legit pass catching threat, but does absolutely nothing in-line, or able to hold blocks on the outside. That knocks him down in my book.

I do like that he put Bellinger on there, I think people sleep on him as a complete TE. 

To me, it's:

Tier 1 - Trey McBride

Tier 2 - Otton, Woods, Ruckert, Likely

Tier 3 - Wydermyer, Kolar, Bellinger, Calcaterra, Turner

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I love DJ, but can't agree with his rankings here. If you solely want a hybrid WR/seam stretcher TE, than Dulcich is your guy. he's a legit pass catching threat, but does absolutely nothing in-line, or able to hold blocks on the outside. That knocks him down in my book.

I do like that he put Bellinger on there, I think people sleep on him as a complete TE. 

To me, it's:

Tier 1 - Trey McBride

Tier 2 - Otton, Woods, Ruckert, Likely

Tier 3 - Wydermyer, Kolar, Bellinger, Calcaterra, Turner

Mannnnn DJs rankings just fuel my Fire for Dulcich 🤣🤣

I've been saying hes my fav TE for a min  now

Doesn't block but his receiving skill set is insane 

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yikes. Sure hope we're not content...

I think Suh is almost guaranteed to come back.  They re signed O'Connor.  So there is 5 on the 53 man roster.  Don't get me wromg, they need to get younger.  I found the response more he really doesn' t think  DL will be addressed with the team's first pick.

Edited by ravishingone

The strength of the draft really is at IDL.. Travis Jones, Winfrey, Leal, Hall, and Mathis are all solid 2nd round prospects. I’d be down for waiting and taking the best one available from that group at #60. 

I’m really convincing myself that we’re not going IOL early. Licht has a great track record with OL picks and I think Hainsey can be as good as Cappa if not better, and Stinnie is good depth. 

Personally, I’d love a trade back that could net us an extra 3rd with the ability to move up to the 2nd. If we could walk away with something like Breece Hall, Demarvin Leal/Logan Hall, Trey McBride/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert/Jelani Woods, and Marcus Jones in the first 3 rounds, to me that’s 4 potential day 1 contributors/starters and would be a dream. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

The strength of the draft really is at IDL.. Travis Jones, Winfrey, Leal, Hall, and Mathis are all solid 2nd round prospects. I’d be down for waiting and taking the best one available from that group at #60. 

I’m really convincing myself that we’re not going IOL early. Licht has a great track record with OL picks and I think Hainsey can be as good as Cappa if not better, and Stinnie is good depth. 

Personally, I’d love a trade back that could net us an extra 3rd with the ability to move up to the 2nd. If we could walk away with something like Breece Hall, Demarvin Leal/Logan Hall, Trey McBride/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert/Jelani Woods, and Marcus Jones in the first 3 rounds, to me that’s 4 potential day 1 contributors/starters and would be a dream. 

So I agree with the Hainsey love and wanting to trade back 

But I gotta say, the strength if this draft is definitely not IDL, probably OT , Edge , CB imo

Also,  I personally think that Leal is going to get eaten alive by NFL O-lineman.  If you have some time , I'd say look at some of his highlights and tell me what you think because what I saw was a super slow get off and little to no acceleration (at least in comparison to the other guys you mentioned) But i could use another pair of fresh eyes too because I've been looking at alot of highlights 😅

22 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't learn? That makes zero sense. This guy is not a repeat offender and has literally never had another incident since. Do you not believe in giving a second chance?

There are literally prospects that come into the league with a squeaky clean off-field record and get into trouble, so it goes both ways.

I'm talking about the teams not learning. And the point is that behavior is not worth a higher draft pick. He can get a chance in the 4th round on the Bucs. Before that, there's plenty of good character guys at position of need. This is my opinion of course. 

23 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm talking about the teams not learning. And the point is that behavior is not worth a higher draft pick. He can get a chance in the 4th round on the Bucs. Before that, there's plenty of good character guys at position of need. This is my opinion of course. 

I totally get your stance, so I don't want to come off like I'm against it.

I just merely think if it's a 1x isolated incident and even the police report, witnesses and GF herself translated that it was an argument that got out of hand, but never got physical between the two of them. IDK, to me it seems like in the grand scheme of things, seems like it's something that shouldn't haunt him. I've seen guys who have had much worse in their past and still get drafted high and turn out to be fine. Like you said though, there are also those guys that have had checkered past and do repeat that behavior.

Honestly though, the whole draft is a crap shoot more often than not anyway. You can have a guy with the highest character and his game just doesn't translate. You can have a guy with the highest character and then once he gets into the league, that changes and trouble begins.