2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Really surprised by the big 3 DT rankings. I do think Bowles would favor Jones over the GA DTs.  He wants his DTs to crush the pocket.  Wyatt is a GMC type at 3 tech.  Davis does not have the pass rush skill or stamina of Jones.  Much to ponder with that list.

Edited by ravishingone

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Really surprised by the big 3 DT rankings. I do think Bowles would favor Jones over the GA DTs.  He wants his DTs to crush the pocket.  Wyatt is a GMC type at 3 tech.  Davis does not have the pass rush skill or stamina of Jones.  Much to ponder with that list.

Damn, you read my mind 🤣 agree 💯

I do like Wyatt and Davis more as prospects but I can definitely see Bowles liking Jones

* these guys think Kayvon is going #1 though so I'd take their takes with a grain of salt

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Damn, you read my mind 🤣 agree 💯

I do like Wyatt and Davis more as prospects but I can definitely see Bowles liking Jones

* these guys think Kayvon is going #1 though so I'd take their takes with a grain of salt

Wyatt and Jones would be good gets. Is Jones a first round grade though? Those DT rankings are off in my opinion. Davis is a monster but with Vea already at NT we dont need another DT that can only play limited snaps. 

25 minutes ago, indifference said:

Wyatt and Jones would be good gets. Is Jones a first round grade though? Those DT rankings are off in my opinion. Davis is a monster but with Vea already at NT we dont need another DT that can only play limited snaps. 

The DT class is pretty weak. That said imo Jones does have a first round grade but low 1st. 

From what I saw, Jones is a run stuffer with a little bit of pass rush upside. He has a very strong lower body and can be disruptive with his strength alone , bulldozing guards into the backfield. I think his strength is substantial and enough to translate to the NFL as opposed to someone like Boya Mafe who I believe lacks necessary NFL strength. But other than strength Jones doesn't have any pass rushing moves. Him or Davis would definitely control the LOS complimenting Vea. Ppl have hard time running on us now but if we get one of those guys it'll be even tougher.

28 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

The DT class is pretty weak. That said imo Jones does have a first round grade but low 1st. 

From what I saw, Jones is a run stuffer with a little bit of pass rush upside. He has a very strong lower body and can be disruptive with his strength alone , bulldozing guards into the backfield. I think his strength is substantial and enough to translate to the NFL as opposed to someone like Boya Mafe who I believe lacks necessary NFL strength. But other than strength Jones doesn't have any pass rushing moves. Him or Davis would definitely control the LOS complimenting Vea. Ppl have hard time running on us now but if we get one of those guys it'll be even tougher.

I got no problem giving Vea more reps at 3 tech.  I would not mind Davis being drafted to play NT.  Bowles put Vea at a wide 9 DE in the SB.  I don t think Davis will make it to 27, but I think Bowles would like Davis more then Wyatt.  Jones> Wyatt also.

22 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

My Rankings for the IDL/3-4 DE guys:

First Round

Travone Walker

Jordan Davis

Devonte Wyatt

Second Round

Travis Jones

Logan Hall

Third Round

Perrion Winfrey

DeMarvin Leal

Zach Carter

Fourth Round +

Matt Butler

Phidarian Mathis

Matt Henningsen

Josh Paschal

John Ridgeway

sheesh low on Leal and Winfrey huh? Those are some guys I thought would be good at pick 60 if we miss out. Either way, as long as Bucs come away with 1 of those guys you listed from the first 3 rounds im OK. Vea and Shaq are the A level guys on the DL. They’ll make whoever comes in job a lot easier than what they did in college. If Tryon can be a B- player and this rookie gives us some C+ play I think its an upgrade from last year depth. McClendon and Nacho on pass downs was a completion waiting to happen.

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I got no problem giving Vea more reps at 3 tech.  I would not mind Davis being drafted to play NT.  Bowles put Vea at a wide 9 DE in the SB.  I don t think Davis will make it to 27, but I think Bowles would like Davis more then Wyatt.  Jones> Wyatt also.

Davis is better but I like Wyatt’s 3 down ability more. Good point though, Davis comes in and we can move Vea around. Vea as a 3-4 DE in the Gholston role would be deadly. He’d be pretty much blocked one on one. Bowles actually have to play the guy though. Vea playing 40% of snaps during that Rams game was unacceptable.

28 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

My Rankings for the IDL/3-4 DE guys:

First Round

Travone Walker

Jordan Davis

Devonte Wyatt

Second Round

Travis Jones

Logan Hall

Third Round

Perrion Winfrey

DeMarvin Leal

Zach Carter

Fourth Round +

Matt Butler

Phidarian Mathis

Matt Henningsen

Josh Paschal

John Ridgeway

No Jermaine Johnson 😱 ??

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

sheesh low on Leal and Winfrey huh? Those are some guys I thought would be good at pick 60 if we miss out. Either way, as long as Bucs come away with 1 of those guys you listed from the first 3 rounds im OK. Vea and Shaq are the A level guys on the DL. They’ll make whoever comes in job a lot easier than what they did in college. If Tryon can be a B- player and this rookie gives us some C+ play I think its an upgrade from last year depth. McClendon and Nacho on pass downs was a completion waiting to happen.

I'm super low on Leal also, that dude gets washed out of plays constantly 

• Like 1