2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

23 minutes ago, indifference said:

No.

SMB and Dean are free agents that will have to replace one or both. Plus Brady is not putting his trust into a rookie WR i dont care how good he is.

Replacing future free agents shouldn’t really be a concern. The opportunity to win a super bowl is now. Team has 3 playable corners if that’s a need then there ain’t much to worry about.  Rookie wr’s are more refined than ever.  These kids been running complex passing big offenses sense high school.  You really wanna tell me Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave aren’t advanced enough in just about every aspect of being a professional wr for Tom Brady to make fabulous use off? 

16 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Replacing future free agents shouldn’t really be a concern. The opportunity to win a super bowl is now. Team has 3 playable corners if that’s a need then there ain’t much to worry about.  Rookie wr’s are more refined than ever.  These kids been running complex passing big offenses sense high school.  You really wanna tell me Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave aren’t advanced enough in just about every aspect of being a professional wr for Tom Brady to make fabulous use off? 

They are very playable I just dont see Brady advocating nor have I ever seen it work out with a young WR. Because they have so much to learn and nuances in the game despite raw talent. We’ll have 3 good WRs with Gronk and Brate back. Williams is exceptional talent just think we’re better off upgrading the Defense. That literally cost us the chance to repeat. SMB is replaceable and in fact, Bucs had Greg Newsome on their radar last year. So I’d just try to fix the issue now than later. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

They are very playable I just dont see Brady advocating nor have I ever seen it work out with a young WR. Because they have so much to learn and nuances in the game despite raw talent. We’ll have 3 good WRs with Gronk and Brate back. Williams is exceptional talent just think we’re better off upgrading the Defense. That literally cost us the chance to repeat. SMB is replaceable and in fact, Bucs had Greg Newsome on their radar last year. So I’d just try to fix the issue now than later. 

I get it. But the same could be said for a rookie defender. We saw how lost JTS looked at times.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I get it. But the same could be said for a rookie defender. We saw how lost JTS looked at times.

yeah I think that had more due to him sitting out. This year we’ll see more impact rush defenders. You right though on JTS he look lost AF. Wish he coulda got more reps in our rotation thats the only way young guys ascend. Is williams going to get a chance to play much ? probably not, remember gents we once had Evans D Jack and Godwin on a team and we rarely used the younger Godwin.

Edited by indifference

18 minutes ago, indifference said:

yeah I think that had more due to him sitting out. This year we’ll see more impact rush defenders. You right though on JTS he look lost AF. Wish he coulda got more reps in our rotation thats the only way young guys ascend. Is williams going to get a chance to play much ?

It would be criminal if Licht re signs JPP.  Licht has to save Bowles from himself.  Move Barrett back to ROLB with Gill or rookie as a back up.  JTS and Nelson at LOLB.  The JPP catering was horrible with him clearly physically cooked 

• Like 2

Im in the same shortsighted line of thinking that we need to get someone who can contribute this year. Thats why im thinking we might explore trading the pick for a vet, maybe someone on their last year of their rookie deal and the other team doesn't want to pay them. 

Licht just knocked off two of our biggest round 1 needs in 1 day, amazing start to the offseason, and our tier 1 needs are narrowing down. 

IDL looks like the favorite now for the 1st and we have a few options. Devonte Wyatt, DeMarvin Leal, and Perrion Winfrey all look to be mid 1st/early 2nd prospects. I'll trust our FO to make that decision who fits best. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for Jordan Davis. I'd love to see what a DL of him and Vea would look like. 

For CB, I don't think we'd fine someone at #27 that is going to come in and outperform Dean and/or SMB. The only one I'd be excited about is grabbing Stingley if he drops, an ultimate boom or boost but he's worth the swing for us. 

I guess a RB could be a darkhorse if we cant bring back Lenny, but there's just so much value in the mid rounds for RBs that its a tough pill to swallow. 

I would say it'd be nice to draft a TE early, but our offense just hasn't featured them enough to justify a high pick. 

My best guess as of now: 

1. Devonte Wyatt - steps in as a year 1 starter
2. Jalen Pitre - rotational 3rd safety
3. Dameon Pierce - chance to start or split carries year 1
4. Spencer Burford - small school OT that can move inside 

• Like 1

Its shaping up nicely for us to go BPA in round 1 which is great. I'm really hoping its front 7.

Most of the analyst are saying what an amazing and deep edge class it is and if that's where the value is I have no issue going there in round 1.

We retained everyone last year, what was the main difference from our Superbowl team and last years playoff run? Yes we had some injuries but I'd say the biggest issue was Stafford picked us a part with quick passes. The year previous our pass rush was absolutely dominant against the Chiefs. Rams had the best pass rush this year and they took it home, look at that. 

JPP and Suh were beasts in the Superbowl year but they have been battling injuries and are getting older. No one seems to think edge is a need because we have Shaq and an unproven JTS time splitting with Nelson.. That doesn't exactly inpsire confidence in me for a team with Superbowl or bust aspirations.

A Licht special- Day 2 DB would be nice but we need some upgrade that front 7 and seem to be in a good spot to do it round 1

• Like 1

Tried a quick mock draft and traded back a couple times to stock up on 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Went defense heavy, just how it fell I guess.

44. Tariq Woolen - CB

60. Drake Jackson - Edge

65. Leon O'Neal Jr. - S

79. Logan Hall - DT

91. James Cook - RB

If I kept going is when I would have gone some OL.

Probably reached with Woolen but didn't see him lasting to 60 and is a crazy specimen.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SBucfan said:

Its shaping up nicely for us to go BPA in round 1 which is great. I'm really hoping its front 7.

Most of the analyst are saying what an amazing and deep edge class it is and if that's where the value is I have no issue going there in round 1.

We retained everyone last year, what was the main difference from our Superbowl team and last years playoff run? Yes we had some injuries but I'd say the biggest issue was Stafford picked us a part with quick passes. The year previous our pass rush was absolutely dominant against the Chiefs. Rams had the best pass rush this year and they took it home, look at that. 

JPP and Suh were beasts in the Superbowl year but they have been battling injuries and are getting older. No one seems to think edge is a need because we have Shaq and an unproven JTS time splitting with Nelson.. That doesn't exactly inpsire confidence in me for a team with Superbowl or bust aspirations.

A Licht special- Day 2 DB would be nice but we need some upgrade that front 7 and seem to be in a good spot to do it round 1

im on board with that…if there’s a top edge prospect that can get after it..sign me up. Bowles was obsessed with JTS playing DT on pass rush downs anyway. We really need to improve our pass rush we took a step back due to age. But acquiring some fresh legs would help Shaq Vea JTS flourish.