2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

been watching some tape this morning, here's some of my thoughts:

Zion Johnson G - I think if he's there, Licht will make him the pick. He plays Marpets position, and looks very clean in both run and pass blocking.

Devonte Wyatt DT- very explosive first step and good job of shedding blocks, he would compliment Vea really well (because he's used to that role playing alongside Jordan Davis)

Jordan Davis NT - more in the Vita Vea style, super stout run blocker with a lot of strength, he would make it very hard to run against us

Lewis Cine  S - plays very similar to Whitehead, SS Box role, from what I could tell in the highlights he's showed a little bit more in coverage instincts as well, I feel like he could be a Licht 2nd round guy depending on how they feel about our Safeties

Isaiah Spiller RB - he's a good receiving back, but imo runs a little too upright, i wanted to check him out because i read we were into him, but imo he didn't wow too much. If we didn't sign a another back, id be comfortable with him in the 4th if he was there (but i still prefer James Cook)

Boya Mafe OLB - good quickness, but looks like he lacks strength. I wouldn't be interested in taking him

• Like 1

watching some more tape

insights:

Perrion Winfrey DT/DE - great burst and does a good job oh shedding blocks, i wouldnt mind him in rd 2

Pierre Strong RB - blazing speed and great lateral movement, he likes to hit a defender with 1 move usually and goes up field (so not to much dancing around which is good), imo he could be an RB steal but im not sure which round he will go in, id say 3rd or 4th and id be okay with that. I didnt expect to like him as much as i do pre-tape, he reminds me a little bit of Tony Pollard with his running style. You'd definitely need to scheme touches for him, i didnt notice a ton of receiving out of the backfield or blocking which would be a detriment, but he can definitely make plays in the open field and since we already have Fournette as a lead guy, Strong could excel as a change of pace.

Andrew Booth jr CB - Very good tackler and does a great job of recognizing a run play and attacking, also great 1v1 tackler, shows a ton of athleticism, imo he has potential to be a true #1 corner (watched some of Stingley and Gardner to compare and although i think those guys are better "ball hawks" i dont think Booth is far behind)

Roger McCreary CB - does a great job creating PBUs in coverage, doesnt excel as much as Stingley/Gardner/Booth against the run, i think he could be solid but i prefer the other guys i mentioned

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

He looked really bad in the positional drills at the combine (let alone his testing numbers). Like so bad, analysts and scouts were picking his game apart.

I'm not a fan of his. 

I'm not concerned over tests in shorts. guys wiht 4.2 speed could be horrible receivers. That said - i don't think Burks is a fit in our offense. As long as we have Evans - we want guys who can compliment him with outside speed or able to play the slot. Jahan Dotson feels like a great fit here. So does Olave and Alec Pierce. I see the bucs looking at receiver in rounds 2-4 bc we don't know when Godwin will be ready to go. 

On 3/27/2022 at 4:14 PM, ravishingone said:

I like DJ and think he has good connections in the league.  Sitting at 27, we always write take BPA.  1 injury away from Grayson or Perriman getting a lot of snaps, even with Godwin assumed healthy.  

4th round at the earliest for a WR. I think a TE would be a better pick before a WR in this draft. Unless we can find a cheap one via trade. Even a good pass catching RB should be taken before a WR. 

• Like 3