2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Bucs want to run the ball more, better grab a TE before day 3 even if Gronk returns. 

Our best chances beating Rams and Saints. Run game 

That’s why if the top DTs are off the board and Bucs have a shot to get a premium guard im for it. Our run game is not a threat. Green/Johnson would provide some power. Mason and Wirfs right side will be money but I have my concerns with Donny and the LG position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Our best chances beating Rams and Saints. Run game 

That’s why if the top DTs are off the board and Bucs have a shot to get a premium guard im for it. Our run game is not a threat. Green/Johnson would provide some power. Mason and Wirfs right side will be money but I have my concerns with Donny and the LG position. 

Well, they didn t have a TE who could block worth a darn besides Gronk.  Expecting Gronk to play 17 games and playoffs would be a stretch.  I don t have an issue with a guard early, but I don t want to wait till the 6th rd to grab a TE.  Howard was not even the blocker Godwin was, which is sad.  Brate was not much better.  I thought the running game around the A gap was okay, but off tackle unless they were pulling a guard was dreadful if Gronk was not in the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Bucs want to run the ball more, better grab a TE before day 3 even if Gronk returns. 

Jeremy Ruckert in Round 4. Dude is a monster in the run game.

Strengths:

• 14 big-time run blocks, third-most over the past two years in FBS per PFF
  • Powerful frame boosts his tackle-breaking YAC ability
  • Solid hands and an adequate catch radius suggest potential for more receiving production
  • Bone-crushing run-blocker who loves to hit defenders
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Jeremy Ruckert in Round 4. Dude is a monster in the run game.

Strengths:

• 14 big-time run blocks, third-most over the past two years in FBS per PFF
  • Powerful frame boosts his tackle-breaking YAC ability
  • Solid hands and an adequate catch radius suggest potential for more receiving production
  • Bone-crushing run-blocker who loves to hit defenders

GO BUCKS

2 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Unfortunately he resigned with the Texans but Antony Auclair was that blocking TE

I thought Auclair was just a JAG.  He seemed to get false start penalties inside the red zone  way too much for his amount of snaps.  He wasn t exactly durable.  I hope they invest in TE before day 3.

Tape insights continued

Kaair Elam CB - does well creating PBUs and some good run support instincts, imo quite a few of his ints are just terrible throws by the QBs, i dont think i'd want to take him in the 1st maybe the 2nd if he fell that far
Jalen Pitre CB - looks like he plays well in zone coverage, also a underrated blitzer off the edge (might be one of his best qualities), he'd probably be a good nickle corner or even a Safety, imo more of a 2nd rounder , though i like him more than Elam. Pitre just always seems to be around the ball.

Jermain Johnson EDGE - Man do i wish we were close enough to draft this guy. He's the full package, strength, speed, instincts. He'll be long  gone though

Travis Jones DT - more of a run stuffer, a lot of strength, he uses his lower body strength to uproot OL and drive them into the backfield and disrupt plays. He could compliment Vea well, id say his potential is a more disruptive Will Gholston. Sometimes he gets his hands too high though and i wonder how many hands to the face calls he would get in the NFL. If Wyatt and Davis are gone he could be the next best thing for DL interior help.

Dax Hill S - tremendous range, great blitzer, seems very comfortable in zone as well, his run support is elite. I definitely warmed to him since @haveyoumetdustin first mentioned him. He's a bit undersized to be playing the SS role but that doesnt seem to effect his play style. I wouldnt be completely opposed to taking him. But he would have to beat out Logan Ryan and Edwards which im not entirely sure he would right away.

Kenyon Green G - Definitely prefer Zion. Green is a big boy but i think he needs to work on lower body strength or positioning, sometimes he gets blown up which i didnt see too much with Zion. But once he gets his feet moving upfield (ie on pulling plays) he does well. I'd say hes a better run blocker than pass blocker.

Kinsley Enagbare Edge - honestly the highlights didnt do anything for me, i wouldnt be interested in taking him

Logan Hall DT - imo shows a little more burst than Travis Jones, but he's also a lot lighter. with a weak interior DL class he could be a 1st rounder.

DeMarvin Leal DT - slow first step, imo NFL Gs or Ts will get their hands locked in on him quick. He has 1 nice spin move. He does use his hands well. I wouldnt take him in the 2nd.

George Karlaftis Edge - Quick first step, and high motor. looks bigger than 275. Looks like a sound prospect.  Uses his hands well and has some power too. Still prefer Johnson but he's not too far behind imo.

Trent Mcduffie CB - tremendous range. Solid against the run. I'd say he is the 4th best corner after Stingley, Gardner, and Booth imo

Dameon Pierce RB - imo kinda has slow feet for an RB at least on some plays i saw. Doesnt have great acceleration, maybe its decent in college, but he'll get run down in the NFL way before he hits top speed. He's a good receiver out of the backfield.

Rachaad White RB - runs a little bit upright for an RB. Very silky running style. Very nice vision. underrated balance. Steal potential. Not afraid of contact. Hurdles a bit much .

Greg Dulcich TE - Gives me old school Jeremy Shockey vibes. or a young Kittle. Kinda high praise but this guy could be really good im not sure where he goes but i would not mind taking him in round 2 , definitely in round 3 if he's there. Im not sure why hes not getting a lot of love probably because he doesnt block much from what i saw. imo more explosive than Mcbride.

Trey McBride TE - full package at TE, would have to go round 1 to have a chance at him so i doubt it happens. I'd rather have Dulcich later tbh

I watched Garrett Wilson ,Olave , and London too and imo Olave is much more explosive while London seems like a very good chain moving possession WR. Wilson does everything well but imo idk why ppl keep saying that this WR class is soooo great. Not a single WR in this class comes close to Chase from last year or maybe even Waddle too.

id say this year WR class is rated:

Jameson Williams

Chris Olave

Treylon Burks

Drake London

Garrett Wilson

George Pickens

Sky Moore

• Like 2

I think I've done enough research so far , so here's my big board for round 1 :

1 Jermaine Johnson

2 Devonte Wyatt

3 Zion Johnson

4 Jordan Davis

5 Andrew Booth jr

6 Trent McDuffie

7 Chris Olave

8 Treylon Burks

9 George Karlaftis

10 Travis Jones

these are just my personal thoughts from what I've watched so far

• Like 3

Keep an eye on OT/OG Tyler Smith out of Tulsa. He is rising fast and projects to be a late 1st or early 2nd round guy. He screams Jason Licht O-lineman to me. 

A guy who is big (6'6 / 330), comes from a smaller program, played LT at that program, has position versatility and is a nasty/mauler type. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Keep an eye on OT/OG Tyler Smith out of Tulsa. He is rising fast and projects to be a late 1st or early 2nd round guy. He screams Jason Licht O-lineman to me. 

A guy who is big (6'6 / 330), comes from a smaller program, played LT at that program, has position versatility and is a nasty/mauler type. 

Licht hasn't drafted a prospect who played guard in college since Kadeem Edwards.  The mocks of the Bucs drafting a guard @ 27, I find unlikely.  This route Licht has taken many more times and seems more plausible.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Licht hasn't drafted a prospect who played guard in college since Kadeem Edwards.  The mocks of the Bucs drafting a guard @ 27, I find unlikely.  This route Licht has taken many more times and seems more plausible.

Tyler Smith played tackle from what I read. But could benefit from playing guard while he learns better technique. The knock on him seems to just be that he needs work. 

• Like 1