2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Im in the same shortsighted line of thinking that we need to get someone who can contribute this year. Thats why im thinking we might explore trading the pick for a vet, maybe someone on their last year of their rookie deal and the other team doesn't want to pay them. 

Licht just knocked off two of our biggest round 1 needs in 1 day, amazing start to the offseason, and our tier 1 needs are narrowing down. 

IDL looks like the favorite now for the 1st and we have a few options. Devonte Wyatt, DeMarvin Leal, and Perrion Winfrey all look to be mid 1st/early 2nd prospects. I'll trust our FO to make that decision who fits best. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for Jordan Davis. I'd love to see what a DL of him and Vea would look like. 

For CB, I don't think we'd fine someone at #27 that is going to come in and outperform Dean and/or SMB. The only one I'd be excited about is grabbing Stingley if he drops, an ultimate boom or boost but he's worth the swing for us. 

I guess a RB could be a darkhorse if we cant bring back Lenny, but there's just so much value in the mid rounds for RBs that its a tough pill to swallow. 

I would say it'd be nice to draft a TE early, but our offense just hasn't featured them enough to justify a high pick. 

My best guess as of now: 

1. Devonte Wyatt - steps in as a year 1 starter
2. Jalen Pitre - rotational 3rd safety
3. Dameon Pierce - chance to start or split carries year 1
4. Spencer Burford - small school OT that can move inside 

I'd really like a draft like this. 

Well the Logan Ryan signing plugs another big hole. Really liking our secondary now think Ryan will be a better fit than Whitehead was. Doubt we keep both Dean and SMB next year so should probably groom a new CB. Oline looks  good, like a competiion with Stinnie, Leverett and Hainsey.  WR room is full.. Whats left besides front 7 and RB? A TE could be nice, don't see Rob hanging around any longer than Brady and TEs usually take a couple years to develop. Plus its supposed to be a deep year for the postion. 

With it being such a deep draft I think we have a chance to find impact players through the first 4 rounds (remember we have no 5th or 6th this year)

I'd really like to double dip in the front 7 but depending how the rest of free agency goes I'd say priority in a perfect world should be:

1. DL

2. RB

3. DB

4. TE

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Would you guys spend our 2nd round pick on David Ojabo? He was likely a top 10-15 pick before he tore his Achilles this weekend at his pro day.

Absolutely. You can never have enough good pass rushers. If he’s there at pick 60 we should run to the podium. JTS flashed last year but not enough to say he’s our long term answer. Barrett is getting up there in age as well. i’d love to have a Wyatt-Ojabo combo first 2 rounds. Instant pass rush spark in the rotation

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Would you guys spend our 2nd round pick on David Ojabo? He was likely a top 10-15 pick before he tore his Achilles this weekend at his pro day.

No, I fear achilles maybe even a little more then ACL.  I  cannot recall Licht investing in a draft pick with a significant injury history college.

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

No, I fear achilles maybe even a little more then ACL.  I  cannot recall Licht investing in a draft pick with a significant injury history college.

They scare me as well, as they're harder to recover from and can linger for years. He's just such a talent though...

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, SBucfan said:

Well the Logan Ryan signing plugs another big hole. Really liking our secondary now think Ryan will be a better fit than Whitehead was. Doubt we keep both Dean and SMB next year so should probably groom a new CB. Oline looks  good, like a competiion with Stinnie, Leverett and Hainsey.  WR room is full.. Whats left besides front 7 and RB? A TE could be nice, don't see Rob hanging around any longer than Brady and TEs usually take a couple years to develop. Plus its supposed to be a deep year for the postion. 

With it being such a deep draft I think we have a chance to find impact players through the first 4 rounds (remember we have no 5th or 6th this year)

I'd really like to double dip in the front 7 but depending how the rest of free agency goes I'd say priority in a perfect world should be:

1. DL

2. RB

3. DB

4. TE

this draft isn't entirely deep - only at WR and DB really. It's quite top heavy at DL and offers solid RB prospects in rounds 2-4. If a Wyatt or Jordan Davis falls to 27 - DL could be the pick there. Maybe edge. I think theres only a few CB's that are graded in round 1 which sadly may not reach us at 27. I'm honestly all for trading down a few spots for another 4th - maybe a late 3rd comp. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I can see the Bucs having interest in Travis Jones.  He seems to fit the profile physically they like.  Is 27 too early?  Don't know. but I would be surprised if they wait till Day 3 to draft one.

Way too early. Jones is a second round prospect early third. I can see TB doubling down on DTs this year though. Need to get some youth

• Like 1