2022 draft talk

bucsfan333

On 3/7/2022 at 11:36 PM, SBucfan said:

I like Zion and Green and wouldn't be mad if either were the pick but I would rather resign stinnie and cappa and let hainsey battle a vet for center. Then add in one more interior guy a bit later.

It's a really interesting draft with guys blowing up the combine and some deep positon groups 

In the first I would have to think Devonte Wyatt is high on the Bucs board. Especially after Bruces comments about getting faster on dline. Not sure he'll fall but he would be ideal for me. No chance Jordan Davis last to 27 but and not sure the fit next to Vea but fun to think about. Then take advantage of a deep reciver class in the 2nd. 

Hopefully we can keep CD because if he goes we'll need a corner early. Would also be nice to get a TE, RB, and Oline 

I was an advocate for Corner early last year - especially over a QB. I thought the pick of Trask - Mond - And mills would have been unneccasary 

I didn't think Davis was a sure lock to get a big deal and according to PR - they're prepared to lose him as they originally wanted to tag him. But when a deal didn't work out with Godwin - they chose to lose Davis - not Godwin. I don't think Davis is coming back. I can't see him getting a 4 year deal when reports are that they want to see more consistency, durability, and production. For a 4th year Corner - he's getting flagged too much like a rookie still. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly for the BPA at 27 which should be at a position of need. Edge, DL ( if Davis or Wyatt available) Corner, and WR should have someone worthy of that pick. Zion Johnson - I'd be comfortable making him the pick at 27. Apparently we did some extensive research on RB's that seem to carry round 2-4 grades. I can see that being a position there. i'd be good with a trade down and obtain more picks to fill the roster on day 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

When you think of it - last year the bucs had "barely any holes" to fill on the roster and i felt outside of Tryon - we didn't approach the draft seriously to build depth. Hainsley is still a project so i'm interested to see how he does. Plus their coaching staff at ND under Kelly devloped solid to elite pros. I think if healthy - he will replace Jensen. 

with two starters hitting Free Agency - Licht didn't target adding young players to CB and Safety. 

Pro Football Focus' Trevor Sikkema has Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum being drafted by the Buccaneers with the 27th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

In what has been a wild 24 hours, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers learned Tom Brady was coming out of retirement, and subsequently re-signed center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million deal. Knowing that, Linderbaum to the Buccaneers doesn't appear to make a whole lot of sense. But Sikkema points out that the Bucs still need to address the guard position, and that Linderbaum is talented enough to play either left or right guard if needed. 

Sign me up for this in a heartbeat. Dude can play any of the interior O-line spots and is a beast. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pro Football Focus' Trevor Sikkema has Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum being drafted by the Buccaneers with the 27th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

In what has been a wild 24 hours, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers learned Tom Brady was coming out of retirement, and subsequently re-signed center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million deal. Knowing that, Linderbaum to the Buccaneers doesn't appear to make a whole lot of sense. But Sikkema points out that the Bucs still need to address the guard position, and that Linderbaum is talented enough to play either left or right guard if needed. 

Sign me up for this in a heartbeat. Dude can play any of the interior O-line spots and is a beast. 

he’s a beast. Any investment to help Brady upright is worth it. That said, I’d really look at the CBs available too.

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

he’s a beast. Any investment to help Brady upright is worth it. That said, I’d really look at the CBs available too.

I like him as a prospect.  He doesn t fit the profile that Licht has drafted early.  He seems to like prospects who played tackle in college and kick them inside.

Think bucs should prioritize CB at 27. Cant see us affording to keep SMB and Dean. Might lose both after thid contract he just signed…

I think honestly both are replaceable starters. Dean has been better by a lot while SMB has gotten picked on the most in our secondary

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Think this will be a defensively dominated draft. 

CB, DT, OLB and RB will be in play within the first 4 rounds.

I do think they go CB by rd 2.  Cockrell will stay as a back up at safety.  I think they draft a prospect who can play inside and outside.

• Like 1