Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Well according to DBB they weren't thrilled about Borom's tape off the bat, so maybe Poles and Eberflus should be fired now, and consequently, perhaps we should stop defending their philosophy so far

I wonder what they weren't impressed with? For me I think his body composition is all wrong for Poles...I think if he is going too play here at guard or tackle under these guys he is going to need to lose a lot more bad weight & add good...I suspect that would have been one of the instant mark downs.

On 3/21/2022 at 3:23 PM, Madmike90 said:

I wonder what they weren't impressed with? For me I think his body composition is all wrong for Poles...I think if he is going too play here at guard or tackle under these guys he is going to need to lose a lot more bad weight & add good...I suspect that would have been one of the instant mark downs.

I will believe they're not impressed with borom when the actual sign/draft a tackle!

27 minutes ago, Bfan said:

I will believe they're not impressed with borom when the actual sign/draft a tackle!

I think the devil is in the detail...it says they weren't impressed with him "initially" I wonder if they have looked at the body type and shortish arms for a tackle and had concerns but I am sure the more they watched him the more they saw he gets the job done...it's not perfect and won't look pretty but no one cares as long as he keeps QB1 upright.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the devil is in the detail...it says they weren't impressed with him "initially" I wonder if they have looked at the body type and shortish arms for a tackle and had concerns but I am sure the more they watched him the more they saw he gets the job done...it's not perfect and won't look pretty but no one cares as long as he keeps QB1 upright.

I like the idea of getting guys they know can start on the line then wait and see what positions Borom, Jenkins ,and any draft picks can win.

1 hour ago, Bfan said:

I like the idea of getting guys they know can start on the line then wait and see what positions Borom, Jenkins ,and any draft picks can win.

That they’re trying to sign Bates to (presumably) start with Patrick already locked in and Whitehair on the roster certainly seems to suggest they see Jenkins and Borom as tackles, at least initially. Especially with Jenkins, if they saw him needing to shift to guard right away I think our FA investment would have been at tackle instead of with Bates. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

That they’re trying to sign Bates to (presumably) start with Patrick already locked in and Whitehair on the roster certainly seems to suggest they see Jenkins and Borom as tackles, at least initially. Especially with Jenkins, if they saw him needing to shift to guard right away I think our FA investment would have been at tackle instead of with Bates. 

Agreed but would still like to see them get some credible completion at tackle to at least set the floor.   Simmons is more like a sub-basement then a floor.

6 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Agreed but would still like to see them get some credible completion at tackle to at least set the floor.   Simmons is more like a sub-basement then a floor.

I fully expect we’ll have a capable veteran swing tackle on the roster who can start if Jenkins or Borom crap the bed or get injured. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

why is attouchu still on the roster?

Could be that he hasn’t been able to pass a physical yet. Could they possibly see him as a SLB? He plays on coverage teams too, and has his whole career, and plays a position where we have few bodies. 

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Doesn’t look like a very back friendly way to military press for a big man, but I am no fitness expert.  Maybe whole point is to stress those lower back muscles.

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Doesn’t look like a very back friendly way to military press for a big man, but I am no fitness expert.  Maybe whole point is to stress those lower back muscles.

It is to engage all the stabilizing muscles while doing the press instead of just the back and shoulder muscles in the strict press. 

• Like 3