2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Titans twitter is a sad sad place right now lol.. So many ppl are mad that we haven’t signed anybody. It’s not like we were a bad team and had hella holes to fill and it’s still quality players out there.. I just laugh. Just because we ain’t signed nobody doesn’t mean we aren’t in contact with them.. Whew I gotta stay off twitter 😂😂

Ya I’m not freaking out yet 

Cant get the Titans in trouble for anything they havnt done yet 

There’s still a lot of guys that I’m more than fine with still on the market 

The longer some of these guys stay on the market, always a chance you get a few of them for a good deal 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Titans twitter is a sad sad place right now lol.. So many ppl are mad that we haven’t signed anybody. It’s not like we were a bad team and had hella holes to fill and it’s still quality players out there.. I just laugh. Just because we ain’t signed nobody doesn’t mean we aren’t in contact with them.. Whew I gotta stay off twitter 😂😂

what were people even expecting? we barely have any cap room lol, we were never gonna be a player in this first wave of FA

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what were people even expecting? we barely have any cap room lol, we were never gonna be a player in this first wave of FA

Yeah, I mean the second we resigned our top two FAs, there was virtually no chance we were making a real splash. Not with the Jaguars single-handedly resetting the market at five different positions.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I need a competent receiver and competent TE. I’m not holding out much hope for Juju, but somebody better than NWI. 

Need at least a usable, starting caliber TE.

See, I think if we don't sign another receiver, that's fine, it just means we need to spend a pretty early pick on one.  Between the development of our two rookies from last year, Julio, AJ, and like a third round receiver in a super deep class is totally fine.

As long as we also have a decent TE as an option.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See, I think if we don't sign another receiver, that's fine, it just means we need to spend a pretty early pick on one.  Between the development of our two rookies from last year, Julio, AJ, and like a third round receiver in a super deep class is totally fine.

As long as we also have a decent TE as an option.

That might be the difference. I have no interest in our rookie receivers from last year. I can’t even build up the false hope for our late round depth receivers that I have managed in the past. Especially with Dez.

If we go into the year banking on Julio, it’s asking for trouble. 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That might be the difference. I have no interest in our rookie receivers from last year. I can’t even build up the false hope for our late round depth receivers that I have managed in the past. Especially with Dez.

If we go into the year banking on Julio, it’s asking for trouble. 

I'm not saying bank on Julio.  I'm saying bank on the combination of a vet TE, AJ, Julio, whatever growth we get from the rookies, an early pick at TE, and an early pick at WR.

If our WR corps is 1. AJ, 2. Julio, 3. Third round rookie, 4-6. Dez/Racey/NWI that's all our roster spots.  That's not bad if we also have 1. Vet TE, 2. Second round rookie, 3. Geoff Swaim as our TEs.

That's a pretty strong group.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'm not saying bank on Julio.  I'm saying bank on the combination of a vet TE, AJ, Julio, whatever growth we get from the rookies, an early pick at TE, and an early pick at WR.

If our WR corps is 1. AJ, 2. Julio, 3. Third round rookie, 4-6. Dez/Racey/NWI that's all our roster spots.  That's not bad if we also have 1. Vet TE, 2. Second round rookie, 3. Geoff Swaim as our TEs.

That's a pretty strong group.

I mean, if you’re real likely to end up with a mid round pick as WR2 and garbage behind him, that’s kind of concerning for me. We also don’t have a second round pick. Now if the hope is we get like Olave, sure. That gives you talent to work with. After trading up for Dez, I just can’t bank on getting large contributions out of a mid round pick. It’s how you end up with Chester Rogers and NWI getting meaningful snaps and targets in the playoffs.

• Like 1

You gotta feel we are making a push for Gronk. He really fits perfectly for us.

I feel like it will be hard to convince him not to go play with Tom, but damn to me that would be a splash win signing for us. More leadership, big target, great blocker.

Gronk. Fill guard and tackle depth. Vet CB. Draft WR in first or drop to second. That's a win off-season.

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Why should we expect ANYTHING from Dez? That’s just wishful thinking for wishful thinking’s sake

Idk. I just feel minimal hope. How often do we see a rookie wr have a not so great year like this and then bounce back to be something? 

Roddy White? Cris Carter? I know he ain't that.

I don't think any of us expected Dez to be anything crazy. But he really feels like a waste of a pick, especially one you trade up for. Would have been nice to maybe use that on a project offensive lineman.

It feels like they know they know they messed up on this one.

8 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

What’s the word on Marcus Johnson? He was a guy who I was very high on till he blew his hammy. I hope they resign him. I actually expected Marcus Johnson to be the third guy last year and I thought he had a chance until the injury. I really hope they give him another shot. 

he's literally never not been injured. i wouldn't mind giving him a shot but i wouldn't count on him for anything at all.