2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bud is overpaid but he’s definitely not an average player. If he stays healthy, he’s definitely a huge boost for the pass-rush overall. Same goes for the run game as well. Calling him average  is very laughable

"Average",  "good", etc...

We can argue over semantics all day. He is not a franchise defining player but was given that type of contract.

I'm not saying we're not better with him than without him.

I'm saying those types of contracts are not good when looking at a high-level picture of franchise building and if we go into this season with NWI and Rogers as 2 of the top 3 pass-catchers and our offense continues to deteriorate, that contract is a big part of why.

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Prepare for fright night then lol. 

I don't see Juju because they had all the chances to get him last off season and didn't even sniff him. Maybe they knew they were gonna do Julio thing. 

And trade with what for Locket and Metcalf? For the record I'd trade an 1st today for Metcalf. 

Hard to see us doing it. Seeing we don't have an 2nd. 

I think we will live in the singles and doubles and draft one in the 1st. 

I’m prepared for it. And then For everybody to get mad at Tannehill when we give him one capable receiving option and the offense struggles.

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Prepare for fright night then lol. 

I don't see Juju because they had all the chances to get him last off season and didn't even sniff him. Maybe they knew they were gonna do Julio thing. 

And trade with what for Locket and Metcalf? For the record I'd trade an 1st today for Metcalf. 

Hard to see us doing it. Seeing we don't have an 2nd. 

I think we will live in the singles and doubles and draft one in the 1st. 

I will say I’ve mostly given Robinson the benefit of the doubt for our WR plan last year. If we didn’t have that deal agreed to for Julio months before it happened, he was begging for disaster.

4 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

So are we just going to sit around and cut good players and sign nobody? Seems like it. 

Yeah.  Robinson is probably on Spring Break doing nothing.

I'd be surprised if a few of the guys that signed elsewhere weren't being courted by us at least a bit.  Can't make players come here, especially if they are looking for rings and think Buffalo is the surerer bet.

10 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Cmon JRob go get some Receivers now 

For the record, I'm OK signing no receivers if everything else gets a bandaid.

A very good one will be there at 26, whether that's Olave, Burks, Jameson Williams, or someone else.  Worst case scenario, trade down for a Pickens or Alec Pierce and get additional capital.

Could it be possible that we don’t value a pass catching TE like we all think we should? Even Jonnu wasn’t used as much in the passing game and Firkser was barely used.. I think we want a TE that can block and catch when thrown to. I don’t think we’re really looking for a game changer at TE. That’s just what it seems like to me so far.