2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is definitely accurate. I’m just concerned that culture and way of things may have peaked. 

Don’t get me wrong, there are worse things than being stuck as a genuinely good team. But not sure the way of doing things gets us above the hump, especially when the rest of the conference is aggressively hoarding talent.

I feel ya. 

6 straight winning seasons have been great. It's a good feeling knowing you don't have to feel hopeless. 

But there is also a feeling of despair knowing you likely are one and done in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. I was coming to make the exact same post down to the word.

Has a point. 

People value draft picks more than they should. 

If you offer a trade of Farley and Radunz right now for Adams you get laughed at. 

But you offer their draft spots and people give you future HOF players. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Has a point. 

If you offer a trade of Farley and Radunz right now for Adams you get laughed at. 

Teams always think their scouting is superior to everyone else's.

And in some form of fairness, cherry picking a single year like that doesn't really work. in 2020 Justin Jefferson went 22nd. I wouldn't trade Jefferson for Adams straight up, much less Jefferson + extra. So it's not that cut and dry, but players should > picks.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Has a point. 

I mean, the Rams just won a SB and their last first round pick was Jared Goff lol.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Has a point. 

I tend to agree but you could easily play devil’s advocate and argue would you trade Jeffery Simmons(19th pick) and AJ Brown(51) for Adams?

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Well still time for those. You just don't give $30-40 Million to those guys. Especially if you wait and you can get them for $3-5 millly

Who are these guys? Corey Davis ain’t great but you ain’t getting any decent wrs for 3-5 mil. You’re likely getting old receivers with name value who can’t run any more for 3-5 mil. We had two of them last season in golden Tate and Julio jones

14 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Who are these guys? Corey Davis ain’t great but you ain’t getting any decent wrs for 3-5 mil. You’re likely getting old receivers with name value who can’t run any more for 3-5 mil. We had two of them last season in golden Tate and Julio jones

I’m guessing he thinks that guys like Zach Pascal and Jamison Crowder  are on CD’s level.

I’m not saying fire J-Rob or anything 

I’m just wondering If JRob and Vrabel are underestimating how much help Tannehill needs around him 

He had plenty of talent around him in the playoff game and struggled 

I also wonder if they underestimated how much the teams in the AFC would get better 

Still time to get better 

But we are trending to being the same ol win the division and then get bounced in the first game we play 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

consistently win a bad division, take a bunch of first round playoff Ls…vrabel might be more of a bill o’brien disciple than a belichick disciple lol

I've said we resemble those Texans teams to people.

Questionable QB. Schusb and Tannehill

Running game. Foster and Henry

Wide receiver. Johnson and AJ 

Defense Watt and Simmons 

Now it's not an 1 for 1. Johnson and Watt are HoF. 

Aj and Simmons have time. 

But it's is very similar. 

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Wonder what the cost would be.

My assumption would be relatively low? Coming off an ACL, reasonably high cap number, not guaranteed a big role and already have a ton invested at WR.

I’d be all over it. If he gets back to full strength, he really is a great fit for our offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I’m guessing he thinks that guys like Zach Pascal and Jamison Crowder  are on CD’s level.

I don't hold Davis in high regards. 

Not saying Pascal and Crowder are him but they aren't far off in my opinion.