2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Then that goes back to my who wants to come?
Sanders didn't want to last year.
Landry supposedly has bad blood with Tannehill.
MVS holding out for money.
OBJ going to get some money and ACL (so pencil him in for the Titans...lol ).

I think Hilton is done. Add him to the list of great WR to fail here if he comes. 

Trade..lol
I'm talking myself in to a N'Keal Harry for a 4th trade. 

If we trade anything resembling an asset for N’Keal Harry I will officially call for J Rob to be fired lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If we trade anything resembling an asset for N’Keal Harry I will officially call for J Rob to be fired lol.

But to the overall point, I think you might be overestimating how many opportunities are out there for a player to immediately be the unquestioned second best receiver on a roster. 

As for Fuller, you could toss him a $7 million contract that actually has like a $2.5 million cap hit. Look at how that Juju number was initially spun.

the only trades i can think of that would actually be worthwhile are lockett and woods, and woods would be *yet another* guy we’ll be depending on at a crucial position who probably won’t be 100% to start the season, which is something I’m dead tired of seeing this team do. i don’t think either is likely.

which really just keeps circling back to the same question: why on earth would you release julio if you don’t have a plan?

Another thing to consider in regards to how many targets we might have to go around, it's important to remember the hiring of Kelly to come in as passing game coordinator. Jim Schwartz completely revamped our defense. That's important to note because Vrabel says he's looking for similar things out of Tim Kelly.

It feels hard to expect us going away from the run dominant team we've pretty much always been, especially as much as Vrabel believes in running the football, but if you asked me if I expected him to let Schwartz come in here and make wholesale changes across the board on defense I would have said no.

I don't think we have any idea what our offense is going to look like this year.

Just now, titans0021 said:

But to the overall point, I think you might be overestimating how many opportunities are out there for a player to immediately be the unquestioned second best receiver on a roster.

Yeah, but again who?
last year we saw Josh Reynoldss' of the world jump at the chance. 

And our WR room is not really the worst.

Bears
Falcons
Green Bay
Colts
Texans
Saints

All kinda sketchy. 

Shoot Browns is suspect too with just Cooper....
I'm sure this is debatable to some, but just looking at the depth charts, it's not sunny and bright in those rooms and a few others I left off.

Just saying... if I'm looking to prove it, I'll prove it with Green Bay 1st and maybe the Falcons, I'll be WR1 beside Pitts out the gate. lol

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the only trades i can think of that would actually be worthwhile are lockett and woods, and woods would be *yet another* guy we’ll be depending on at a crucial position who probably won’t be 100% to start the season, which is something I’m dead tired of seeing this team do. i don’t think either is likely.

which really just keeps circling back to the same question: why on earth would you release julio if you don’t have a plan?

I think there is a plan. Just like there was one last year. I feel they knew they could get Julio, if not they were going to attack a trade with someone else. 

Might end up going into the draft with same approach? 

I dunno.  

They earned my trust to know they aren't going blindly. Even we don't like the plan.
They had a plan at TE last season and it didn't work. 
We shall see I guess. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just saying... if I'm looking to prove it, I'll prove it with Green Bay 1st and maybe the Falcons, I'll be WR1 beside Pitts out the gate. lol

I’ll definitely give you GB. If we’re in the same price range on a guy with the Packers, it’s hopeless.

But teams like Indy, Houston, New Orleans and Chicago, if we’re talking guys being worried about QB play and opportunities, I’ll take my chances.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ll definitely give you GB. If we’re in the same price range on a guy with the Packers, it’s hopeless.

But teams like Indy, Houston, New Orleans and Chicago, if we’re talking guys being worried about QB play and opportunities, I’ll take my chances.

Though really, as discussed, the only truly good players would be acquired via trade anyways. 

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

At what cost?

Is he trying to get a $9 million pay out?
He has no leverage to me. But doesn't mean he isn't think he still can get at least $6-7 Million.

For a guy that stays hurt he’s not getting nowhere near 9 mill he’s not proven & only played 2 games last yr, a run 1st offense is what’s best for him health wise 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I hope they bring Ficken back let them compete Randy is hot garbage he folds when the stakes are hot 

Ya even on Bullocks game winners, he scared the crap out of me they all feel like they barley went in and were creeping to the left lol

Fickens strong leg was looking like a nice little weapon to have, sucks he got hurt last year