2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Can this please the be final lesson not to wild out after a few days of free agency?

Players get cut or are tradeable after teams sign new shiny toys to big deals.

That’s why I wasn’t posting in here. Full on crybaby energy. Gotta wait it out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Titansfan_13 said:

After all the worrying and complaining that we've done here the past couple days, Colts Twitter is pointing at us as one of the AFC teams loading up on weapons in FA...

Perspective is key lol

I say it all the time.

We aren't in a bad place compared to others.

Colts have all this money and haven't done anything with it.
Who are they saving it for? Jimmy G?

Juju and James Washington would have been great additions.
Could have had Hooper but stuck with Mo Allie Cox. Lost Doyle.
Just gonna throw jump balls to Michael Pittman I guess. 

Robinson deserves trust to make moves. 

I think a lot of us are really overrating what a teams typical number 3 receiver is. NWI in my opinion is a serviceable number 3 receiver. What hurts him is we had we had little production from our TE's and had watch him be our number 2 pass catching target for most of the year. If AJ Brown and Robert Woods stay healthy then I think Hopper and NWI would do just fine as options 3 and 4 in this offense. Obviously I too would like to see a top tier rookie come in and push NWI down the depth chart. But I'd still be content with what we have now if a top guy isn't available.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I think a lot of us are really overrating what a teams typical number 3 receiver is. NWI in my opinion is a serviceable number 3 receiver. What hurts him is we had we had little production from our TE's and had watch him be our number 2 pass catching target for most of the year. If AJ Brown and Robert Woods stay healthy then I think Hopper and NWI would do just fine as options 3 and 4 in this offense. Obviously I too would like to see a top tier rookie come in and push NWI down the depth chart. But I'd still be content with what we have now if a top guy isn't available.  

Not everyone has Higgins, Chase and Boyd.
I also think it's a case of liking someone else's and not what's at home.

As great as the Vikings duo is in Thielin and Jefferson their WR3 is who KJ Osborne?
Nines have Jauuan Jennings

The cynic of the forum will say NWI is worst than all those guys but few things for NWI:
Passer rating when targeting him 115.8
Catch percentage is 66.7%
NWI Targeted 57 times.  Guys targeted within that range No more than 67 times. Some notable catch percentages that he was better.
Deandre Hopkins targeted 64 times. 65.6%
Allen Robinson targeted 66 times 57.6%
Corey Davis targeted 59 times 57.6%
MVS targeted 55 times 47.3%
That doesn't tell a complete story. What kind of passes?  Double teamed?  Who knows, and of course a lot of those names only played parts of the season due to injury.
And his catch percentage is better than some of the top guys. But of course their target numbers are pretty much double and half his. 

55th in the league in yards per reception. (12.5) Better than guys like OBJ, Travis Kelce, Stefon Diggs, Tyreke Hill, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry and Brandin Cooks. 
Again just numbers but is what it is.

Dropped only 2 passes.

More recieving yards than: MVS,  Evan Engram,  Berrios, Njoku, Aghlor, Jameson Crowder, Sammy Watkins, Paschal,  James Washington, Jonnu, Jalen Reagor, 

More TDs than: AJ Green, Cortland Sutton, Chase Claypool, Mecole Hardman, Byran Edwards, 
Tied: Robert Woods, Emmanuel Sanders, Russell Gage, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones

Again numbers.  But when guys go negotiate contracts, they bring up stuff like that.

I don't want NWI as WR3 but we could do a lot worst than him. An undrafted guy that has worked his way up and improved every year he has been here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titansfan_13 said:

After all the worrying and complaining that we've done here the past couple days, Colts Twitter is pointing at us as one of the AFC teams loading up on weapons in FA...

Perspective is key lol

i have no earthly idea what the colts have been doing sitting on all that money the past few years. it’s really baffling.

The problem with NWI is that he has no defining characteristic. His only plus attribute is his blocking. He’s not a slot receiver, he doesn’t make plays after the catch, he certainly isn’t a deep threat. He’s Tajae. Which is a WR4 that floats around the league, makes some money, but doesn’t really stick anywhere because he’s easily replaceable.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

The problem with NWI is that he has no defining characteristic. His only plus attribute is his blocking. He’s not a slot receiver, he doesn’t make plays after the catch, he certainly isn’t a deep threat. He’s Tajae. Which is a WR4 that floats around the league, makes some money, but doesn’t really stick anywhere because he’s easily replaceable.

How dare we want more from WR3…. After all, this offseason was supposed to be about loading up around Tannehill. Well keeping him any higher than a 3 isn’t loading up. 

• Like 1