2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

From Jim Wyatt in his mailbag:

Mike Vrabel said the plan is for Jamarco Jones to work at left guard at the start of his competition with the Titans, but he'll have to earn the job. And others will be in the competition, including Aaron Brewer. I'm expecting Radunz to be in the mix at right tackle. But again, I think you'll see some developments from a personnel standpoint on the line in the coming weeks and months.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/weekend-mailbag-jim-wyatt-answers-questions-from-titans-fans-x3183

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

You'd think the Dolphins would learn not to trade WRs to the Patriots. 

But they are like the only division rivals that trade with each other. Lol 

Pats have also been in contact with OBJ

Pats suck at drafting WRs so I don’t think they will be taking a WR with their first pick 

Jets fans trying to start their own trade rumors and using the 10th overall pick as what they'd give up... He would have to want out in order for that to make any sense at all for us.

They needed to start their trade proposals with both firsts and possibly more or I don't see a situation outside of a trade request where we have any interest. He's currently the most valuable person on our team and we're trying to win now.

No rookie in this first round is remotely worth trading for Brown.

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Jets fans trying to start their own trade rumors and using the 10th overall pick as what they'd give up... He would have to want out in order for that to make any sense at all for us.

They needed to start their trade proposals with both firsts and possibly more or I don't see a situation outside of a trade request where we have any interest. He's currently the most valuable person on our team and we're trying to win now.

Sh!t I would trade AJ in a heartbeat for Derek Stingily 😮💨 love me some AJ but man 22-25 mill for a WR we’ve yet seen to play a healthy 16 game season who avg 5.6 targets a game in a run 1st offense. I get it, he is the potentially the best WR in titans history but he can be replace in a offense like ours over time 

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Most Jet fans wouldn’t even give up the 10th pick 🤣🤣🤣

Anybody actually read their Twitter threads? Saying the Titans can’t afford him so they’ll just sign him once he’s a FA instead of trading for him. I’ve seen some delusional fanbases but my god…. Also I’m not trading AJ for nothing short of an another big time receiver.

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Sh!t I would trade AJ in a heartbeat for Derek Stingily 😮💨 love me some AJ but man 22-25 mill for a WR we’ve yet seen to play a healthy 16 game season who avg 5.6 targets a game in a run 1st offense. I get it, he is the potentially the best WR in titans history but he can be replace in a offense like ours over time 

You'd trade an elite WR for a CB who had one good season in college 3 years ago?

We have very different team building strategies.

Wait. You were the one saying there's basically no reason a team can't manipulate the cap to sign anyone and our owner is just cheap like 3 days ago???????? Lol

Edited by TitanSS

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

You'd trade an elite WR for a CB who had one good season in college 3 years ago?

Wait. You were the one saying there's basically no reason a team can't manipulate the cap to sign anyone and our owner is just cheap like 3 days ago???????? Lol

Once again I never called them cheap stop putting words in my mouth because you don’t seem to understand what I am saying. I said & I quote again the titans ownership will spend money when they have it available, in salary cap space, however when they’re cap tight don’t do restructures all over the place to create a boat load of money to add more players to their roster. Why because restructuring is them cutting checks left from right guaranteeing money right away in a escrow account. Never said they were cheap. You want to see cheap see the GB packers GM refuse to spend money in Rodgers prime believed in building a team through the draft & not FA. I never said that they can restructure like most of these other owners, seems to me you make up things & run with it. I said from the jump the salary cap is real however it can be manipulated by owners with deep pockets & I don’t think our ownership is wealthy enough to play that game based on history.. how you get cheap 🤔

Edited by TitanRedd

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

& back to the argument yes I would because Stingly is a 1 in a generational talent yes he had a foot injury he recovering from but news flash when players are banged up in college they’re not about to play hurt as much even with minor injuries to protect their brand for the NFL. AJ is nice a stud but when you talking bout paying a WR 22-25 mill annually which means somewhere in 45-60 some mill guaranteed, you’re hoping he gives you 13-16 games a year & I rather pay a once in a generation CB on a rookie deal that’s going to have a bigger impact on the field than AJ who we’re paying 22-25 mill a year who’s only being targeted 5.6 times a game. 
once again you’re trading AJ for a top 10 pick & we still have pick #26. AJ can be replaced in a run 1st offense. See Corey Davis, Kendall wright, Kenny Britt.