Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

How can a GM interview go terribly I wonder?   They all have to be some measure of good I would think.  

Yeah...that struck me as bizarre. If the reporting is accurate, I wonder just what the hell happened? 

Just now, WindyCity said:

Morocco Brown interests me. I am starting to really lean towards guys who have been in multiple organizations.

Pace and Nagy were both in only 1 organization under 1 regime and they both did a piss poor job trying to copy the only thing they new.

Brown strikes me as a really intelligent guy, from what I've read. Would be a breath of fresh air in Halas Hall...

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Jordan Raanan

@JordanRaanan

·

2h

The most encouraging thing to take from this Giants GM search: From what I've heard, they are offering carte blanche to candidates to reshape the organization. The Giants way of operating is about to change drastically no matter who is hired.

The Giants have always been the team that worried me the most and if this is true then it confirms it...they will get the best GM candidate over us because we won't give anyone that amount of power.

Who cares though? If what George says is true, the GM has complete control over the football operation. Candidates should be drooling at that

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

DaBearsblog is acting like they are in the room.

How can a GM interview go terribly I wonder?   They all have to be some measure of good I would think.  

I mean, I can't imagine he got stumped on a football job skill question.

Did he walk in and say who is that?  She is hot!   And it was McCaskey's granddaughter or something?

Maybe his answers to some questions were negative, like "why did you trade so much for Carson ******* Wentz?"

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Kill me. What a joke of a hire that would be.

He isn’t even a good DC unless McDermott is holding his hand.

Well as much as he would be a bad hire. CSN Chicago had the Bills beat writer on the other day. According to him McDermott is hands off with the defense. He lets Frazier run it by himself. 

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Well as much as he would be a bad hire. CSN Chicago had the Bills beat writer on the other day. According to him McDermott is hands off with the defense. He lets Frazier run it by himself. 

Sure. It was just designed and built by McDermott.

I am not talking myself into Leslie Frazier. Everyone else can, I am not. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Sure. It was just designed and built by McDermott.

I am not talking myself into Leslie Frazier. Everyone else can, I am not. 

Frazier's near the bottom of my list.

But there's no way in hell he would be worse than Nagy.