Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

At this point I’m expecting to see a tweet soon that they are interviewing Lovie Smith to be the HC.

He was 8-11 vs GB and no one has come close to that since Ditka left. After him Jauron won 2 against him, the other trash coaches each got their 1 win vs GB.

When a losing record vs your biggest rival is still a massive improvement. 😅

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I thought the latest iteration of the rumor mill had the Raiders as the only team that Harbaugh would leave Michigan for?

I’ve seen rumors that he would be interested in the Raiders job, but not necessarily only being interested in that job.  But, it’s all rumors.

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He was 8-11 vs GB and no one has come close to that since Ditka left. After him Jauron won 2 against him, the other trash coaches each got their 1 win vs GB.

When a losing record vs your biggest rival is still a massive improvement. 😅

After Lovie’s interview they’ll announce they’re interviewing a candidate from France named Jacques Souvenier, only to later find out that they’ve been duped and it was really Matt Nagy the whole time.

Office fans will get the reference.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

After Lovie’s interview they’ll announce they’re interviewing a candidate from France named Jacques Souvenier, only to later find out that they’ve been duped and it was really Matt Nagy the whole time.

Office fans will get the reference.

The fiend!!! Nagy may impersonate the entire staff!!!

shrutedisguise.gif

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

JJ Stankevitz who works for the Colts but used to cover the Bears on the under the centre podcast says Eberflus always says of his D he needs a really good nose or 3 tech, a really good WILL and a really good nickelback...

If he does come here we better find a quality insider pass rusher and a nickelback while pushing Roquan to the WILL.

I thought roquan was a Mike

58 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

So I guess we can cross him off the list

For MM90

I'm glad Leftwich did well...I think having an offensive finalist would be a good move so in a more in depth interview they can get their philosophy across better...one of Eberflus's advantages in interviews will be how easy it is to explain his D...

Never really felt Smith was a real option as we are going to need someone totally focused and Smith probably isn't.

33 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

More Frazier support too 

With the Polian/ Colt connection I would love it if we have worked out something to get Eberflus here as HC & Caldwell in as AHC/OC...his experience would be great and that was always his best role under Dungy.