Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Few questions right off the bat I hope he gets asked at his introduction press conference...

What was your grade on and how do you feel about Justin Fields?

What's the plan to develop Justin Fields?

What part did you play in the drafting of Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith?

What type of offence do you want to build here?

Think we will be asking more of the defensive questions to the next HC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Few questions right off the bat I hope he gets asked at his introduction press conference...

What was your grade on and how do you feel about Justin Fields?

What's the plan to develop Justin Fields?

What part did you play in the drafting of Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith?

What type of offence do you want to build here?

Think we will be asking more of the defensive questions to the next HC.

Do you think you will get any other answer besides that he had him graded very highly and that they will do everything they can do to develop him? 

According to the beat writer for the Chiefs on the Athletic Poles was really involved in the drafting of Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith…

Suspects that we will aim to always draft players who have a ceiling…very rarely do the Chiefs target ready made players who don’t have somewhere to go with coaching in terms of development…says Poles has told him that both you and the player need to have a vision for development…

Also brough up that Mike Kafka could be a real shout for OC…think we all have PTSD from the last Chiefs’ offensive staff member we had here hahaha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Do you think you will get any other answer besides that he had him graded very highly and that they will do everything they can do to develop him? 

I think that is obvious but I would also expect him to go into some detail as to how he sees his prospects for development and how we are going to get him there.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I think that is obvious but I would also expect him to go into some detail as to how he sees his prospects for development and how we are going to get him there.

I was thinking the same thing--if he really likes Fields, and believes in him, he shouldn't have any issue articulating a few reasons why.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

According to the beat writer for the Chiefs on the Athletic Poles was really involved in the drafting of Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith…

Suspects that we will aim to always draft players who have a ceiling…very rarely do the Chiefs target ready made players who don’t have somewhere to go with coaching in terms of development…says Poles has told him that both you and the player need to have a vision for development…

Also brough up that Mike Kafka could be a real shout for OC…think we all have PTSD from the last Chiefs’ offensive staff member we had here hahaha.

Also states Poles believes in given players second chances and gets that from Andy Reid…finally we can expect to see good football players who don’t need to be choir boys…used Travis Kelce as an example…

Value will also be on speed…obviously haha.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly didn't know anything about him until the search happened but I'm happy with the hire, doubly so if he actually is in 100% control of football operations. 

Didn't George say over and over after they fired Nagy and Pace that the GM will have full control of the football operations? Combine that with DBB's tweet and I think he does.

• Like 1

If you are going to hire a defensive coach I would think Bowles would be the best choice.

He has HC experience and has always done really good as a DC.   I mean Jets are a poop show as an org.   Worse than the Bears if you can imagine.

I would still always go offensive in this era.