Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Caldwell today...Eberflus & Quinn tomorrow...could have a new HC by tomorrow night too.

Even if one of them ends up being our guy I’d like to see some others too, not only because I like them as candidates but also so it doesn’t give the perception (true or not) that Poles was only given authority to hire his preferred candidate from those amongst Polian’s 3 finalists. Reeeeeeeeally don’t need to live with that narrative for the next several years. 

26 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I hate when that happens.

I can't believe these other dudes have second interviews, but not Daboll. 

Daboll is probably the no-brainer HC candidate, unless his interview stunk...and the Bears claim it didn't. 

Might be a rather large mistake if we hire a defensively oriented HC. 

Wrote this in the “other” thread but it applies here too:

Even if one of them (Eberflus/Quinn/Caldwell) ends up being our guy I’d like to see some others too, not only because I like them as candidates but also so it doesn’t give the perception (true or not) that Poles was only given authority to hire his preferred candidate from those amongst Polian’s 3 finalists. Reeeeeeeeally don’t need to live with that narrative for the next several years.

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Even if one of them ends up being our guy I’d like to see some others too, not only because I like them as candidates but also so it doesn’t give the perception (true or not) that Poles was only given authority to hire his preferred candidate from those amongst Polian’s 3 finalists. Reeeeeeeeally don’t need to live with that narrative for the next several years. 

Quinn & Eberflus do seem like Poles' guys...Caldwell not so much.

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

They do… I’d just be surprised if “his list” was just 2 guys. 

I don't know...I think is Poles has been as meticulous in his preparation as he seems to have been to be a finalist in all these different places I would suspect he has already done a ton of work on all these potential HCs and figured out who are the guys he is really targeting.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting look at the KC Draft Process...

Over the last six drafts KC have drafted 6 WRs...only Mecole Hardman was taken above the 4th round…their current WR roster…

Mecole Hardman – 2nd round

Tyreek Hill – 5th round

Marcus Kemp - UDFA

Byron Pringle - UDFA

Demarcus Robinson – 4th round

This team seems like it is all playmakers but they find guys later who have traits…

Another really fascinating thing with them is how their drafting has massively changed over the last three years…in 2016, 17 & 18 they didn’t draft a single OL…in 19, 20 & 21 they drafted 4 including a 2nd & 3rd rounders who became starters and 6th & 7th rounders one of who became a starter and one who plays significant snaps…they also made a massive trade for Orlando Brown Jr. & signed Joe Thuney to a massive FA contract…they clearly understood after watching Mahomes running for his life in the Superbowl they had to change something…it took them two years to build that starting OL…4 or the 5 starters were brought in this year…for all the speed an explosiveness this team is build on that OL and hopefully (and seemingly) Poles played a massive role in this…I would love to see him continue to value the OL over anything else this offseason offensively.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

According to the beat writer for the Chiefs on the Athletic Poles was really involved in the drafting of Creed Humphrey & Trey Smith…

Suspects that we will aim to always draft players who have a ceiling…very rarely do the Chiefs target ready made players who don’t have somewhere to go with coaching in terms of development…says Poles has told him that both you and the player need to have a vision for development…

Also brough up that Mike Kafka could be a real shout for OC…think we all have PTSD from the last Chiefs’ offensive staff member we had here hahaha.

So wants to build the OL and wants a freak of nature with somewhat raw, but developing skills?

Sounds like with the 39th pick, the Chicago Bears select Daniel Faalele-OT Minnesota

Literally the biggest boom or bust prospect in this draft  at 6ft8in 380-400lbs.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/daniel-faalele

Then  with the 71st pick, the Chicago Bears select: Tyler Smith-IOL Tulsa

Another giant dude with a mean streak
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/tyler-smith/L4ErP8Bci5

Faalele goes in at RT, Borom and Jenkins can fight over LT the loser getting to be the swing tackle and able to fight over a starting guard spot.  Daniels, Whitehair, Mustipher, and Eislin can fight over center, with the worst player (mustipher) being cut outright. Guard you fill in with the best of whoever's not starting at OT or OC.

Personally my ideal would be

LT: Borom..... he's the least physical lineman  on this squad, but he's the most technical OT, so he can watch the blind side.

OG: Jenkins and Smith would make for one of the meaner OG pairings in the league..... Smith is a big bigger and less mobile, so it might be better to have him on the right side next to the gargantuan sized Faalele.

OC: Daniels is significantly tougher than Whitehair who I'm not very confident I even want to keep around longer term right now.

RT: Faalele

Now pull Jenkins, and run to the right side in the "4" gap all damn day behind a Daniels/Smith/Faalele wall with a Jenkins lead block.