Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

How would dabearsblog know if a candidate impressed?

He purports to have some kind of a connection with someone involved with the process. Whether he does or not I obviously have no idea. He’s been ahead of the curve with some of the who/when stuff about the candidate interviews though, similar to how Leming was during the last hiring cycle. I think you have to take everything anyone says with a grain of salt until it’s official. 

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

How would dabearsblog know if a candidate impressed?

In the past he has intimated that he has some personal connection to the Bears, I believe in ownership.  He's clued in often enough that it seems legit, but wrong enough to think he's only getting a partial story from someone who's themselves hearing a fraction of what's going on. Given that there's about a trillion McCaskey offspring and relations,  I would hazard a guess it's someone's kid or kids who he knows from work or school and passes him info. Or maybe it's George's alter ego who fights crime at night and sends emails to bloggers. 

43 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Charles Robinson was on a podcast and said the Bears were smitten with Brian Flores after the interview, but he wants a big say in personnel, which would be a departure from how they have operated in the past.

I saw that this morning. Was trying to find the clip of it. He basically wants his own GM. Going to be a Gruden Mayock scenario. No thank you. 

30 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I saw that this morning. Was trying to find the clip of it. He basically wants his own GM. Going to be a Gruden Mayock scenario. No thank you. 

I can see that.   If you are going to truly build a Patriots situation, you need that.

Not sure I trust Flores to do that, I wouldn't know being outside the interviews and inside knowledge from Dolphins, but good on him for demanding it.  

47 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Don’t you usually have to earn that? 😒🤦‍♂️

My thoughts exactly...I listened to the clip this morning and couldn't believe anyone would consider giving Flores that level of influence...he has shown nothing to earn it as he has breezed through OCs and poor offensive output...love his intensity and how much his D hit the QB but as an overseer of all? Hard pass.    

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

My thoughts exactly...I listened to the clip this morning and couldn't believe anyone would consider giving Flores that level of influence...he has shown nothing to earn it as he has breezed through OCs and poor offensive output...love his intensity and how much his D hit the QB but as an overseer of all? Hard pass.    

I think all the coaches should want that.  The question is who is your football CEO, the HC or the GM.  

In all other levels of football it is the HC.

In NFL it is usually the GM.   Makes for some unusual situations.   Parcels actually made a really good point when he said he is chef and should get to pick the ingredients.

But there is the dynamic of the coaches want to win now and don't care enough about tomorrow and GMs theoretically will think more long term.     

They should at least demand they be paired with a GM who intimately understands what they are looking for.

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think all the coaches should want that.  The question is who is your football CEO, the HC or the GM.  

In all other levels of football it is the HC.

In NFL it is usually the GM.   Makes for some unusual situations.   Parcels actually made a really good point when he said he is chef and should get to pick the ingredients.

But there is the dynamic of the coaches want to win now and don't care enough about tomorrow and GMs theoretically will think more long term.     

They should at least demand they be paired with a GM who intimately understands what they are looking for.

Being out after 3 seasons with a 24-25 record with no playoff appearances says to me you haven't earned the right to think you should be the CEO...

Those kinds of demands only tie into some of the other off the field stuff we have heard of Flores...seems like an excellent coach on the field...but also seems to think he is something he is not...Belichick.