Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I've never heard of this guy or patch.com

I saw that too.  Patch is a small almost freelance company that has outlets in numerous towns throughout the country.  Far from reliable.  Not saying this guys wrong, but I’ll wait until some more reputable sources say something.

why would they tell him he’s being fired and still give him another game to coach?  That doesn’t make much sense to me.

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I have a feeling the Bears are going to make a hard push to get Jim Harbaugh out of Michigan. 

Say what you want about him but I just think that's the guy they will target.

I personally would welcome it. He knows the city well, played for the team, has had success as an NFL HC and with a QB similar in skill set to Fields with Kap.

I just think after all these recent failures they're going to want to make a big splash/big name hire.

I don't think Harbaugh will be the guy (although I wouldn't be totally against it) or indeed any college coach however it does bring up the question of when could you interview college guys?

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I saw that too.  Patch is a small almost freelance company that has outlets in numerous towns throughout the country.  Far from reliable.  Not saying this guys wrong, but I’ll wait until some more reputable sources say something.

why would they tell him he’s being fired and still give him another game to coach?  That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Too short of a week to fire him prior to? 

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Too short of a week to fire him prior to? 

Yeah 100%...most of the things for the Lions game will have been installed well before now...fire him after the Lions game you give yourself 10 days to get things sorted before the Cardinals game.

13 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I have a feeling the Bears are going to make a hard push to get Jim Harbaugh out of Michigan. 

Say what you want about him but I just think that's the guy they will target.

I personally would welcome it. He knows the city well, played for the team, has had success as an NFL HC and with a QB similar in skill set to Fields with Kap.

I just think after all these recent failures they're going to want to make a big splash/big name hire.

I said Harbaugh like 2 years ago and was laughed at. I wouldn't hate it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Maybe they haven't...maybe the conversations have been had above his pay grade and someone has spoken out of turn too early.

Fair enough.  I guess we gotta keep in perspective all we have now is one non-sports reporter claiming an anonymous source told him this.  Far from concrete info right now.

Though, the evasive answers by Tabor don’t exactly dispel this rumor either.

#Bears coach Matt Nagy says he has not been informed that Thursday will be his final game as head coach. Said he has not spoken with ownership or Ted Phillips this week. That's not surprising with a super short turnaround this week.

"My focus is on these players and Detroit. The only thing we can do is focus on the now. Thursday is going to be here quickly."

Matt Nagy says Justin Fields is "day-by-day" and Andy Dalton will be the starting quarterback Thursday for the #Bears. Hope is Fields will be back for the following game vs Arizona.