Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And in less than a week, my Kwesi buzz is gone. 

I’m not sure I understand this perspective. If he was the guy that you wanted and he cast a fairly wide and diverse net, and then settled on the candidate that checked all or the most of the right boxes for him, why are you now out? You aren’t even going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his first move?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Vikings manage to land Jim Harbaugh as head coach, even @vike daddy will live long enough to see the Vikings win a Super Bowl.

i take it you approve.

this is my... 53rd year... of being a Viking fan. well, the football Vikings. i hung out with the original ones when we took Greenland. gawd, those guys did smell. would it have hurt to wash up once in awhile...?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m not sure I understand this perspective. If he was the guy that you wanted and he cast a fairly wide and diverse net, and then settled on the candidate that checked all or the most of the right boxes for him, why are you now out? You aren’t even going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his first move?

Did he cast a wide net? Or did he go through the motions? 

I never said I was out on Kwesi. I said the buzz was gone. Going after Jim Harbaugh feels like something Rick Spielman would have done. A football guy with an old school mentality towards the game. We just got rid of that. 

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i take it you approve.

this is my... 53rd year... of being a Viking fan. well, the football Vikings. i hung out with the original ones when we took Greenland. gawd, those guys did smell. would it have hurt to wash up once in awhile...?

Yes, I mean no. I don’t approve. I disapprove, but it would be the first major move the Vikings have made that I felt would pay off for them with a Super Bowl win.

This would be your Holmgren hire, and it would set the Vikings down a path towards being taken seriously as a franchise for the next twenty to thirty years.

You wouldn’t win as long as you’re still paying your QB over 12% of the cap, but with Harbaugh you wouldn’t need much more than Cousins getting paid less to win.

• Like 1

“Old school mentality” is severely not giving credit to someone with a high track record for winning at all levels of the game. 

It doesn’t have to be a guy in his mid 30s to think creatively in the new NFL.  it would be an overall tremendous hire for Vikings to get Jim. 

Apparently it’s Harbaugh who needs to convince some of the Vikings top brass, with the help of Adofo-Mensah, that he’s the right guy for the job.

Sam Webb – The Michigan Insider (247Sports): "This time that agent shared buzz from NFL circles suggesting that Harbaugh is at the top of Adofo-Mensah’s list, but that Michigan’s headman still needs to be sold to others in the organization. There’s reportedly a perception in league circles that ‘Harbaugh can be tough to deal with.’ But that’s a concern that his already-established rapport with Adofo-Mensah might quell."

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/harbaugh-badly-wants-vikings-job-and-adofo-mensah-wants-harbaugh/?fbclid=IwAR35LixeCvwixVG9xYfCjblDUlRZuaPpCIemFKtf7VEcD7OsfG0rYrCvFUc