Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Have to wonder if that means the DC we bring in with have DB coaching experience as well if we are going with a CB coach rather than a Secondary Coach...

Borgonzi was always going to be the LB coach and he is a very good one...now bring Franklin to play SLB/backup WILL & Anthony Walker Jr. from Cleveland back in to the mix in the middle this offseason and the band is getting back together.

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Brad Spielberger, Esq.

@PFF_Brad

24m

Getsy is a Joe Moorhead disciple, so I was wrong earlier to say McCarthy if anything (but definitely not Shanahan). Primarily 11-personnel, Up-tempo, lot of RPOs. Fields’ legs will be a factor as well.

Yes please and thank you. 

• Like 1

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

The fact the packers are already interviewing outside candidates says they aren't sure they are keeping Getsy...would love to get him here with Pep as QB coach...means if Getsy is so good he is taken off us next year as a HC you instantly have Pep to step up to OC and keep continuity.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This guy sounds like an excellent teacher...with what will hopefully be a new secondary next year and with the old guys playing in a new scheme that will be key.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

The fact the packers are already interviewing outside candidates says they aren't sure they are keeping Getsy...would love to get him here with Pep as QB coach...means if Getsy is so good he is taken off us next year as a HC you instantly have Pep to step up to OC and keep continuity.

I was reading about his work as a WR coach. That would be so beneficial to have here especially with the amount of turnover were about to have at the position. Plus if Getsy get's hired it means Justin is playing well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Speaking of continuity, would we toss Flip out if we get Getsy and Hamilton or do you think it would be better to have a title like Passing Game Coordinator to allow some semblance of continuity for Fields this year?

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Speaking of continuity, would we toss Flip out if we get Getsy and Hamilton or do you think it would be better to have a title like Passing Game Coordinator to allow some semblance of continuity for Fields this year?

That would seem like too many cooks to me...I would let Flip walk if we can get Pep in...he has recent history of helping these young QBs so clearly understands what they need...

I would have no issue with getting rid of all staff from Nagy's staff.

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That would seem like too many cooks to me...I would let Flip walk if we can get Pep in...he has recent history of helping these young QBs so clearly understands what they need...

I would have no issue with getting rid of all staff from Nagy's staff.

Agreed. Pep >>>>>> Flip for sure. Make it as easy as we can for Fields to flush all the 2021 stuff. 

• Like 1

Really interesting that so far we have heard nothing about a DC…have to wonder if when the Raiders HC job gets filled if that changes…would much rather have Rod as a DL coach but if he is tabbed as DC it wouldn’t be so bad…

First choice for DC in this scheme would be Bills DB coach John Butler…excellent DB coach and has DC experience from Penn State.

Edited by Madmike90