Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Matt Lombardo

@MattLombardoNFL

· 12m

Thomas McGaughey will interview for the #Bears’ special teams coordinator job, per #NFL source. @FanSided

Hopefully as an assistant STC to Bisaccia...or could just be a minority candidate.

Looks like NYG finished 10th in Special Teams last season, just behind us.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

Looks like NYG finished 10th in Special Teams last season, just behind us.

I still think he is a minority interview and it will be Bisaccia as he adds more than just an ST coach but if not I would have no problem with MaGaughey at all...only slight concern would be how much was him and how much was Joe Judge.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Been in the NFL since 2007...been a WR coach since 2009 so plenty of experience...he won't be the OC but as a receiver coach he could be a good fit...his connection in Dallas with 3 of their top 5 receivers being FAs could be good...D.J Chark is another guy I would love here who he is currently working with. 

Lol what is his name, unless I am blind I still don't see it mentioned. I don't have social media so they don't load for me.

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Getsy’s been Eberflus’ top guy from the start. There’s a process to go through, of course. But this would give Eberflus the Shanahan-style offense he wants, and Getsy the shot to call it. If this goes down, expect the Packers to promote Adam Stenavich to offensive coordinator.

This would be a good choice for Fields.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Greg Gabriel talked about it on his show yesterday, when a GM interviews he has a shortlist of his HC candidates, when a HC interviews he has a shortlist of candidates for his coordinators and line coaches.  The coordinators have a Rooney rule process that must be followed, so you cant just hire them immediately, that's why you are seeing all the interview requests. The truth is that it is mostly a formality, it's like getting engaged or being a lawyer, you dont ask the question if you dont know the answer.  

So you think they already know they are just complying with Rooney rule?   Makes sense I suppose.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

So you think they already know they are just complying with Rooney rule?   Makes sense I suppose.

Speaking of that.   This happened:

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/deadspin-corrects-hit-piece-on-mike-mcadniel-to-reflect-he-is-biracial-we-regret-the-error/

Posted without comment. 

Well I did comment above and deleted it, because there is literally nothing you can say on topic no matter how reasonable without offending someone so I will say nothing.

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

3m

Staff rumors I’m hearing are good, especially QB coach. So just be patient, folks. Think we’ll know a lot soon.

Getsy at OC & Pep at QBC would be awesome IMO and create a real continuity plan for Fields and the offence.

Pep should be getting an OC job somewhere based on his resume.   I would think he would not be jumping at a QBC job.

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pep should be getting an OC job somewhere based on his resume.   I would think he would not be jumping at a QBC job.

The chance to work with Fields is something that will interest him...especially since he knows Getsy has already had HC looks...year two he could become OC here for a long time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Unless he just likes the fact that he is high on Fields and not crazy about the prospects this year it might be a pipe dream. If I'm HOU he isn't getting away without a playcalling promotion, unless the new coach just lets him go to get his own staff. (Bad move IMO)

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

8m

On the Getsy/Pep situation. Both want to call plays and both are likely to have multiple opportunities to do so. Expectation is Getsy will be the Bears OC. But still fluid.

That was a quick affirmation of my opinion.