Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I think the fact he is being described as even-keeled is very important for the development of Fields...that is clearly his personality so finding someone who can work on that level is important...

I suspect we will be a really multiple offence as a lot of this guys influences are from different trees...one thing they do all have in common is WCO concepts...need to get some size at WR...the slant lives!...

I also think it is massively important that we get the QB coach right not just for Fields development but so we have a succession plan in place as Getsy might not be here for long but if he can develop a scheme we can keep it rolling before he moves on.

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

5m

Ownership got their first choice GM.

The GM got his first choice coach.

The coach for his first choice OC.

You don’t have to like any of the choices. That’s your prerogative. But the process that’s landed the Bears here has been executed to perfection.

I think of all the searches I have seen this has been by far the best ran.

• Like 2

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

1m

I’m not qualified to rate it. But people I know who ARE qualified think he’s a budding superstar coach.

Quote Tweet

Richard Gage

@richg780

· 9m

Replying to @dabearsblog

How do you rate the Getsy hire?

I really like that he has worked in so many different schemes...just need to nail the QBC & OL coach now and we are on to a winner IMO.

11 hours ago, G08 said:

Welp... now we need to figure out who the hell this dude is, what his beliefs are and what kind of scheme/system is coming to Chicago.

Talking about Detective Cbears? I agree.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo
  • Like 2

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

23s

The #Bears are targeting #Colts safeties coach Alan Williams as their defensive coordinator, per sources. Interview process still ongoing. But Williams — the onetime #Vikings DC — is a logical fit to follow Matt Eberflus from Indianapolis.

Not my first choice but he is a quality DB coach and clearly fills a role on Flus' staff...he won't call plays so would have no issue if it was Williams.

Not going to pretend I know much about our new OC Getsy but all I can say is it appears that Flus got his guy which is always positive.

After briefly reading up on him it appear that Getsy would bring some concepts that would theoretically jibe well with Fields' skill set.

Also anytime you can potentially weaken your biggest rival (GB) it's a win.

Reading the tea leaves over from GB it looks like Rodgers leaving actually now has a very good chance of happening. Let's goooo

Edited by topwop1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Not going to pretend I know much about our new OC Getsy but all I can say is it appears that Flus got his guy which is always positive.

After briefly reading up on him it appear that Getsy would bring some concepts that would theoretically jibe well with Fields' skill set.

Also anytime you can potentially weaken your biggest rival (GB) it's a win.

Reading the tea leaves over from GB it looks like Rodgers leaving actually now has a very good chance of happening. Let's goooo

Not according to Rapoport this morning; he said Rodgers spent more time in GB when their season ended than he normally does and the FO is very optimistic he comes back for 2022

34 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy’s offense was terrible. It was a bunch of nonsense all randomly called and when it didn’t work we ran hitch routes that everyone sat on so we made contested throws for 5 yard gains 

Getsey may not be good, but he will have a hard time being worse.

The offense itself wasn’t terrible.  He used same plays as a lot of guys. Way he put it together, taught it and used it was. 

Shakespeare and me (I?) are both writing in same language, but he is better.  

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Not according to Rapoport this morning; he said Rodgers spent more time in GB when their season ended than he normally does and the FO is very optimistic he comes back for 2022

He is a around a 46 mil cap hit if he stays and around 26 if he is traded (I think ). 

And they have to tag or resign Adams.  Both can be done, they have to kick a lot of money into future though.   

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s what’s coming from the FO though to Rapoport, which could also be them putting out the vibe that they’re not just going to give Rodgers away. Everything that isn’t an official team release about a move at this point in the offseason needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

This thing for them has a short clock this time though - if they are gonna move him it realistically has to be before FA starts. Because of their cap situation they’re gonna have to build their plan for the offseason in terms of who gets retained/cut/restructured all around whether or not he and/or Adams are going to be back.

If they do end up moving on from Rodgers they could very well tag/trade Adams too to be able to control where he lands and get some massive draft capital built up for 2023 in the event they want to move on from Love too. You’d think they certainly would not want Adams signing in Chicago as a FA, and would probably rather both he and Rodgers end up in the AFC if not in Green Bay. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s what’s coming from the FO though to Rapoport, which could also be them putting out the vibe that they’re not just going to give Rodgers away. Everything that isn’t an official team release about a move at this point in the offseason needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

This thing for them has a short clock this time though - if they are gonna move him it realistically has to be before FA starts. Because of their cap situation they’re gonna have to build their plan for the offseason in terms of who gets retained/cut/restructured all around whether or not he and/or Adams are going to be back.

If they do end up moving on from Rodgers they could very well tag/trade Adams too to be able to control where he lands and get some massive draft capital built up for 2023 in the event they want to move on from Love too. You’d think they certainly would not want Adams signing in Chicago as a FA, and would probably rather both he and Rodgers end up in the AFC if not in Green Bay. 

I hope teams negotiate tough with them.  One I don’t wantGB to have a bunch of picks, 2 it doesn’t make sense to over pay in capital for possibly a one or two year player.  

For record I advised Seattle and Houston (pre scandal) to take the giant trade deals.   They both would have been been better off and their partners would have been screwed.   Chicago with Wilson and no picks and no cap is a terrible situation.   

GB was trickier call because they were true SB contenders.  

Getsy just went from a B+ hire to an A for me because of something I forgot a long long time ago...

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/proof-luke-getsy-and-justin-fields-were-destined-for-each-other/

One must go back to 2018. Fields had opted to attend Penn State as their latest quarterback commit. He was a big fan of the program but especially offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead. The man ran a system that was perfect for a dual-threat quarterback as Trace McSorley proved the previous two years with 75 total touchdowns passing and rushing. It was an easy decision.

However, plans changed.

Moorhead departed that same year to become the head coach at Mississippi State. As a result, Fields chose to de-commit from Penn State and opted to attend Georgia instead.

And who did Moorhead hire as OC in 2018? Luke Getsy...this is a super smart hire.