Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-hire-getsy-offensive-coordinator

In his lone season at Mississippi State in 2018, Getsy helped the Bulldogs rank No. 2 in the SEC in rushing offense and yards per carry. MSU rushed for at least 300 yards in four games that year, the most in the conference.

The fact in his lone season as an OC he valued the run is really important.

In my opinion this stat is some what misleading since the leading rusher of that Miss. St. team was the QB with over 1100 yards which was about 500 more than the next player.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

In my opinion this stat is some what misleading since the leading rusher of that Miss. St. team was the QB with over 1100 yards which was about 500 more than the next player.

I have no issue with that...we should be making use of Fields more in the running game and as long as we can block it up right and not let him take too many big hits it would only make this offence better.

I’m hoping the Bears bring back Rod Marinelli to coach the DLine. He’s the best I’ve ever been around and the Bears DLinemen will be in for a treat

Always feel as if Gabriel knows something and is trying to say it before saying it...we all know it is likely but hopefully it is announced early tomorrow.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:
I’m hoping the Bears bring back Rod Marinelli to coach the DLine. He’s the best I’ve ever been around and the Bears DLinemen will be in for a treat

Always feel as if Gabriel knows something and is trying to say it before saying it...we all know it is likely but hopefully it is announced early tomorrow.

Marinelli to coach DL and Bisaccia to coach ST would be very nice.

Then if Flus somehow convinces Callahan to come over from Browns as OL coach that would be magnificent

I hope with rhe news that the Colts are willing to allow their defensive staff to take lateral moves we bring Alan Williams in as a DB/Safety coach...means we can then add someone else as a DC who might be able to bring in some different ideas instead of just having all ex Colts guys...John Butler from the Bills...Chris Harris from the Redskins...even Mike Zimmer could all be good fits even if I suspect it will just be Williams with the DC title...Flus will call plays either way.

https://theathletic.com/3101662/2022/01/31/what-makes-bears-qb-justin-fields-and-offensive-coordinator-luke-getsy-a-good-fit?source=user-shared-article

“The way Luke was as a GA was really the same way that Joe Brady was at Penn State,” Moorhead said. “These were guys who you asked questions as if they were a full-time coach because you valued their input in that regard because you knew the information or the answers they provided were going to be ones that created value.”

I forgot that Joe Brady had been a GA under Joe Moorhead at Penn State...could that open him up to join this staff as a QB coach and the succession plan if Getsy moves on quickly?

https://theathletic.com/3101662/2022/01/31/what-makes-bears-qb-justin-fields-and-offensive-coordinator-luke-getsy-a-good-fit?source=user-shared-article

Getsy will bring those philosophies to Halas Hall, where he’ll work with Fields.

Here’s why Moorhead sees it as a perfect fit — he describes his system as an “RPO-based run game that takes advantage of a quarterback’s running skill set, combining that with a West Coast system that takes a ton of shots down the field.”

Yeah, that sounds like something that could work with a quarterback like Fields.

That really does sound like the perfect offence for Fields.