Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

55 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Can’t say I envisioned the Bears hiring a defensive head coach with no HC experience and an OC who’s never held that position or called plays in the NFL.

Maybe it works. Just seems opposite what you’d expect from a team so heavily invested in a young QB.

And a 36 yr old first time GM

The impending hire of Josh McDaniels could also signal the entrance of ST coordinator Rich Bisaccia to the #Bears & possible Rod Marinelli is DL coach.

Well if we can't have McDaniels himself at least this will hopefully allow us to pick up two quality coaches in Rod for the DL and Bisaccia for ST coach.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The impending hire of Josh McDaniels could also signal the entrance of ST coordinator Rich Bisaccia to the #Bears & possible Rod Marinelli is DL coach.

Well if we can't have McDaniels himself at least this will hopefully allow us to pick up two quality coaches in Rod for the DL and Bisaccia for ST coach.

Sad because Bisaccia probably didn't even have a chance at keeping his HC job. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

New Bears coach Matt Eberflus is working on bringing Colts defensive coaches Alan Williams, Dave Borgonzi, James Rowe and David Overstreet to Chicago with him, per sources.

Re: Colts, Frank Reich wants to inject new ideas with his DC hire and give that DC latitude to hire staff.

Replying to

Borgonzi, Rowe and Overstreet are essentially on board already. Williams, as we reported last week, has been the top coordinator target, but the Bears are still working through the DC hiring process. That should be done soon.

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

·

1m

I love how fast the #Bears are moving to solidify their coaching staff. That should not be discounted in a hiring cycle where NINE different teams are going to have new HCs/coaching staffs.

The defensive staff will take care of itself but we need to keep pushing ahead now that Getsy is here and bring in a QBC and OL coach before competition gets any harder.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-hire-getsy-offensive-coordinator

In his lone season at Mississippi State in 2018, Getsy helped the Bulldogs rank No. 2 in the SEC in rushing offense and yards per carry. MSU rushed for at least 300 yards in four games that year, the most in the conference.

The fact in his lone season as an OC he valued the run is really important.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Not according to Rapoport this morning; he said Rodgers spent more time in GB when their season ended than he normally does and the FO is very optimistic he comes back for 2022

I'll believe it when I see it. Going to be hard to fit both Rodgers and Adams under the cap and can't imagine he'd want to return without his top target 

43 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
Re: Colts, Frank Reich wants to inject new ideas with his DC hire and give that DC latitude to hire staff.

So...I'm guessing Fangio to Indy?

40 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Sad because Bisaccia probably didn't even have a chance at keeping his HC job. 

Yeah, that **** is ridiculous. Davis simply can't stop himself from doing stupid things. 

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Going to be hard to fit both Rodgers and Adams under the cap and can't imagine he'd want to return without his top target 

Not if they trade Amos, Clark, Smith, etc. 

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Can’t say I envisioned the Bears hiring a defensive head coach with no HC experience and an OC who’s never held that position or called plays in the NFL.

Maybe it works. Just seems opposite what you’d expect from a team so heavily invested in a young QB.

Most of the good young QBs in the NFL have first time head coaches outside of Mahomes and Mac Jones.

Truthfully I didn't expect a defensive head coach either but it can definitely work. Elites like Brady and Manning have had defensive coaches for most of their careers. Also currently Josh Allen and Justin Hebert have a defensive head coach.

As long as the head coach hires quality assistants on the offensive side of the ball and the GM surrounds Fields with good talent and protection then it's all moot.

It's also easier to fire an OC vs a HC if the offense stinks after a year or two and if we have a good OC who gets hired away after a couple years then it will mean that Fields has done well and will likely be fine with another offensive coordinator in charge.

I'll just say that even though I really liked Brian Daboll for us at HC it's certainly possible that he proves to be not as advertised and that it was more so Josh Allen who carried him. I don't believe that will be the case but we can't say for sure until we see how he does in NY