Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Welp... now we need to figure out who the hell this dude is, what his beliefs are and what kind of scheme/system is coming to Chicago.

I'm not sure anyone really truly knows what he is going to do.  He worked under LaFleur for the last few years, but before that he was OC for Mississippi State.  Prior to that gig, he was the WR coach for Green Bay.  Have to imagine the Bears' offense will be heavily involved with the passing ame.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure anyone really truly knows what he is going to do.  He worked under LaFleur for the last few years, but before that he was OC for Mississippi State.  Prior to that gig, he was the WR coach for Green Bay.  Have to imagine the Bears' offense will be heavily involved with the passing ame.

He's a shannahan type though, yes? Hopefully lots of zone runs?

Just now, The_Romen said:

He's a shannahan type though, yes? Hopefully lots of zone runs?

That would be the assumption, but he also spent 4 years in Green Bay before he was the Bulldogs' OC under Mike McCarthy.  I'd venture a guess that he's probably closer to LaFleur then McCarthy, but again that's just speculation.

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Damn no one on here knew, I’m starting to doubt what i do for a loving now lol.

Im conflicted. I've made numerous cracks about you being a detective so I'm offended about being nothing to you.

But... I want nothing to do with whatever you do for a loving now.  I feel like this is a solicitation sting. And I'm not getting tricked a fourth time...

• Like 2

Is there any chance Desai stays on in Chi? I assume he's going to go to LV if McDaniels is hired?

I'd like if he stayed on, he's got chemistry with the guys and they seemed to come on at the middle/end, even with a bunch of turds in the secondary. 43/34 dont really matter because of how much nickel is played, I think he has experience in both, anyways.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

Welp... now we need to figure out who the hell this dude is, what his beliefs are and what kind of scheme/system is coming to Chicago.

https://fishduck.com/2021/08/incredible-information-easily-learn-about-the-joe-moorhead-offense/

Quickest way to describe his background is watch some tape of Oregon last season under Joe Moorhead...

He will bring some McCarthy & LaFleur influence as well but mostly Moorhead...lots of 11 personnel...lots of RPO...I would expect to see some designed QB runs...draft or sign OTs to play guard and get that bigger more athletic OL...with Poles history I would expect real physicality upfront...in the pass game it will be WCO & Mesh concepts...basically if he also throws in more under centre...playaction...deep shots it should be the perfect offence for what Fields does best...really like this hire on the face of it and very interested to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

Brad Biggs

@BradBiggs

· 3h

One name to keep an eye on for #Bears QB coach job is Andrew Janocko, who held same position for the #Vikings this past season. He and new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy have ties to Pitt.

Another guy who just spent a season around a rookie QB...even if Zimmer was made about having him on the roster haha...still hoping for Pep but this might be a decent pick up...really young guy at just 33 years old...

Also if we can't get Callahan for OL coach (god I hope we do) Phil Rauscher who was the Vikings OL coach last year is an up and coming name who I wouldn't mid...especially if Rick Dennison came with him.

39 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Brad Biggs

@BradBiggs

· 3h

One name to keep an eye on for #Bears QB coach job is Andrew Janocko, who held same position for the #Vikings this past season. He and new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy have ties to Pitt.

Another guy who just spent a season around a rookie QB...even if Zimmer was made about having him on the roster haha...still hoping for Pep but this might be a decent pick up...really young guy at just 33 years old...

Also if we can't get Callahan for OL coach (god I hope we do) Phil Rauscher who was the Vikings OL coach last year is an up and coming name who I wouldn't mid...especially if Rick Dennison came with him.

I’m guessing the Pep ship sailed when we hired Getsy to call plays for us. I think Pep will get an OC gig somewhere where he can call plays. If the new guy in MIA is hoping to keep Tua then Pep would make a ton of sense there IMO. 

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m guessing the Pep ship sailed when we hired Getsy to call plays for us. I think Pep will get an OC gig somewhere where he can call plays. If the new guy in MIA is hoping to keep Tua then Pep would make a ton of sense there IMO. 

He makes a ton of sense in a number of spots but lets see how things play out...he didn't end up on a getting an OC job last year so it's not nailed on.