49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

10 hour interview is just brutal, I don't care what it is for. Four hours should be the maximum. The brain does not operate well after that lol.

Hope he gets the job though! 

Stephen Ross: “ok, now tell me again how exactly you’d fix our offense. This time, slower.” 

McDaniel: *Intelligently and articulately explaining his plan and philosophy for the 6th time*

Stephen Ross: 

I Dont Get It The Office GIF

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 3

Buckner was even there. Funny to see the actual people involved with the organization can put their occupation as professional athletes in a wholesome perspective in the grand scheme of life, but fans will get into fights and put one another in a coma outside the stadium regarding something they really aren't involved with beyond being a spectator. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thank goodness! Shanny finally had enough of years of sub-par STs play. Let one of his good friends go for the betterment of the team. 

Shanny is learning!! 

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Is it a “big hire” simply because he was with Shanahan? Would this be a big hire if they hired him from the Jags? I think not. 

49 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Is it a “big hire” simply because he was with Shanahan? Would this be a big hire if they hired him from the Jags? I think not. 

Sadly (for the Bears) that's how decide who to hire in the NFL.. gimme the guy who is standing next to that successful guy!

Edited by adamq

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

10 hour interview is just brutal, I don't care what it is for. Four hours should be the maximum. The brain does not operate well after that lol.

Hope he gets the job though! 

Hey, if I get a 10 hour interview, I figure I get a meal out of it. I don't mind that at all. Bring on the filet mignon!

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thank goodness! Shanny finally had enough of years of sub-par STs play. Let one of his good friends go for the betterment of the team. 

Shanny is learning!! 

If we get fleeced in a trade with the Bears, during the draft, I will consider it a requirement for the Bears taking Hightower, just so Shanahan wouldn't have to officially fire a friend. The arrangement goes : hire Hightower, and we'll give you a extra sixth rounder in the draft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Buckner was even there. Funny to see the actual people involved with the organization can put their occupation as professional athletes in a wholesome perspective in the grand scheme of life, but fans will get into fights and put one another in a coma outside the stadium regarding something they really aren't involved with beyond being a spectator. 

I never understood why fans take the outcome of a game so seriously, or rivalries to the kind of level we've seen, I mean, at the end of the day, does the result of a game effect your life? No it doesn't, that's why, while I hate losing, I don't let it get to me anymore, I instead just try to enjoy life, and spend time with family.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So we need a TE coach & ST coordinator now? Any good prospects?

Joe Judge is probably the biggest name special teams coordinator there is out there. I feel like maybe there is one more and I just can't remember who it is. 

For TE coach, that's pretty much whatever. Hard to gauge who is a good / bad positional coach most times, and thinking about who's just randomly on the market. I'd love for us to promote from within. Give Hankerson a shot at the job or something. 

The more I've really thought about, the more I'm giving real consideration to the idea that Laken won't be back. It's a lot of money, and the original idea was that Jaylon Moore would be a guard. I could easily see them put Banks back at his natural LG position and then let Moore / Brunskill fight  it out at RG. Could even throw a guy like Compton into that mix or another buy low free agent. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The more I've really thought about, the more I'm giving real consideration to the idea that Laken won't be back. It's a lot of money, and the original idea was that Jaylon Moore would be a guard. I could easily see them put Banks back at his natural LG position and then let Moore / Brunskill fight  it out at RG. Could even throw a guy like Compton into that mix or another buy low free agent. 

I brought this up a few days ago that what if drafting Banks was to replace Laken and not Brunskill? I'm sorry but paying three OL 10M+ a year is pretty unheard of. Could very well see a the OL unit looking like this: 

Williams/Banks/Mack/Moore/McGlinchey. I'd say that's a bit unlikely but possible. We don't even know if McGlinchey will play this season or if he does, when he plays? Heck, may move Brunskill to RT and Moore to RG. A lot of possibilities there but I think the team will bring back Compton. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I brought this up a few days ago that what if drafting Banks was to replace Laken and not Brunskill? I'm sorry but paying three OL 10M+ a year is pretty unheard of. Could very well see a the OL unit looking like this: 

Williams/Banks/Mack/Moore/McGlinchey. I'd say that's a bit unlikely but possible. We don't even know if McGlinchey will play this season or if he does, when he plays? Heck, may move Brunskill to RT and Moore to RG. A lot of possibilities there but I think the team will bring back Compton. 

And we could still technically lose Mack. I guess that's a real thing regarding his possible retirement. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've said this before, almost verbatim. 

When you have a roster like ours in which alot of your high-level players haven't reached their second contracts, you're going to have to cut a few corners and let very good players go who fit your scheme and locker room but have outplayed your ability to retain them. Guys like Ward and Tartt are outliers because the safety position isn't really valued across the board. But a guy like Tomlinson should have no problem getting a bunch of suitors this off-season. Sure we'll scourer the FA bargain bin for a serviceable back-up OG or two, as to not just hand over the position to either Moore or Banks. But these kind of decisions will continue to happen so guys like Deebo and Bosa can see their second deals and we can keep the train chuggin' right along.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Let me ask you all this....what's our ceiling next year??

I'm not expecting a SB. Hell, I'd be surprised if we were able to win a playoff game. But realistically, we a 21 year old, first time starter@QB and how that normally goes, what would define a successful year in your eyes?