49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

33 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Agreed. First play of the game there was a soft tackle and they all kind of looked around like wtf. Then since then they just blow the whistle if the player’s touched. 

BTW Kittle’s limping pretty noticeably. I think he just gets so beat up during the season. Nothing injured, just hurts everywhere. Or could be hurting after a night at the strip clubs. Who knows. 

He gets injured. Dude has been playing with a torn labrum forever and won't have surgery to have it fixed. I've been convinced for quite some time that his end come pretty quickly in terms of NFL career. If he makes it fully through his current contract there's a part of me that will be somewhat surprised. I just don't think his body will hold up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He gets injured. Dude has been playing with a torn labrum forever and won't have surgery to have it fixed. I've been convinced for quite some time that his end come pretty quickly in terms of NFL career. If he makes it fully through his current contract there's a part of me that will be somewhat surprised. I just don't think his body will hold up. 

I think he might be playing for another team by 2024, especially if Lance turns out to be great and we need to pay him

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

But you're talking about a first year starter@QB...the most important position on the field. 

And its not like Lance really set the world on fire in his three appearances of extended action this season.

I can't in good concise call us a SB contender w/o seeing Lance making a HUGE leap from his play this year. Just improving upon his rookie year and learning as he goes means there will be ALOT of bumps along the way. That says to me, middle-of-the-pack kind of team...even with our high caliber players surrounding him. 

And did Jimmy set the world on fire? 

Will the defense continue being elite?

Will we still have Kittle/Aiyuk/Deebo?

Will this run game still be very good? 

QBs end up taking HUGE leaps from year one to year two. It is true that Lance has less starter reps in college/NFL compared to the rest but we saw him take a decent jump from week 5 to week 17....Not crazy to think he takes a sizable leap this offseason getting all the first team reps. 

But again, you didn't think the team this year was going to make a run in the playoffs while I did. So clearly we disagree how talented this roster really is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But again, you didn't think the team this year was going to make a run in the playoffs while I did. So clearly we disagree how talented this roster really is. 

That was based more so on Jimmy and his shortcomings as a QB, more so than the parts around him. I know the talent this roster possesses. But the NFL is never as simple as just being a talented team. Other factors play a significant part as well.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

That was based more so on Jimmy and his shortcomings as a QB, more so than the parts around him. I know the talent this roster possesses. But the NFL is never as simple as just being a talented team. Other factors play a significant part as well.

Of course they do, but having a top notch run game and defense will put you in good positions to win these playoff games. I'm not expecting Lance to be a bottom five QB, I think he will be just fine. Early on he may need to be carried by the talent around him but by the halfway of the season, I expect him to take off and the game to finally slow down for him. 

The injuries can derail the season though. We were fortunate to have all our injury prone players (Kittle/Deebo/Bosa) healthy at the end of the season along with guys like Trent to make a run in the playoffs. You cant' waste ANY season those guys are ending the season on the field and I'm glad we at least made a strong run at the SB...Fell a little short at getting there but it would have sucked not even making the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I never understood why fans take the outcome of a game so seriously, or rivalries to the kind of level we've seen, I mean, at the end of the day, does the result of a game effect your life? No it doesn't, that's why, while I hate losing, I don't let it get to me anymore, I instead just try to enjoy life, and spend time with family.

Perhaps for some people, it's a way to immerse themselves in a fantasy that acts as an escapism from their own livelihood which they find disappointing or otherwise unremarkable. So they'll live vicariously though other people's (who they idolize) accomplishments. 

You're right though, winning or losing shouldn't effect anyone's life to the point that they become uncivilized. If the team loses it sucks, but one will still be ok. And if the team wins great, but it wasn't the spectator's accomplishment in the first place. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Good for Mike! 

But Kyle's right hand man for over a decade finally departs. Hard to even know what type of impact the loss is going to have on the team.

Yeah, happy for Mike. Also nervous lol

Just now, Forge said:

There's a lot of confusion on how it plays out given our previous comp picks. Hopefully have clarity soon

I thought it was two thirds if you lost a guy unless you lose two in the same offseason then you only got three instead of four; like what happened when we lost Saleh and Mayhew.