49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

I like the idea of getting a player in exchange for Jimmy. Could help make the numbers work salary wise.

Plus, there is a pretty reasonable chance that Jimmy is just a complete dud for his next team. Kyle has not bought into Jimmy being "the guy" - its why we never restructured him and is why we are so conservative on fourth down.

If you are kyle and you do not believe in Jimmy, then sending him to Dan Snyder to never win anything is a light weight troll move

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I like the idea of getting a player in exchange for Jimmy. Could help make the numbers work salary wise.

Plus, there is a pretty reasonable chance that Jimmy is just a complete dud for his next team. Kyle has not bought into Jimmy being "the guy" - its why we never restructured him and is why we are so conservative on fourth down.

If you are kyle and you do not believe in Jimmy, then sending him to Dan Snyder to never win anything is a light weight troll move

Literally the Alex Smith trade 2.0(the Mahomes one). Hopefully it ends similarly too.

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

The issue is he would take up I think $10m of the $25.55m they will save, so is $15m enough to retain our guys? Idk, I’d prefer they trade for young player on a rookie deal.

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

The issue is he would take up I think $10m of the $25.55m they will save, so is $15m enough to retain our guys? Idk, I’d prefer they trade for young player on a rookie deal.

Fuller's base salary is 8m and that makes him a prime candidate to get restructured. 

We could get him down to 3/4m range as far as cap hit goes pretty easily. 

He is 27 years old. That's a good time to give talented players 3-4 year contracts with maybe some fluff on the backside for a 5th year just to make the aav sexy. 

Guarantee him two years, the final two years of his existing contract. Third year salary is still good but we can cut him prior to April 1 if things don't work out. He probably takes it. 

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

This does allow us to move on from Tartt, let Hufanga and Moore compete at SS job with a vet from FA as well. 

I agree, and I think it was @rudyZ who mentioned it, but I think that was always the plan. I would not be surprised to see K'Waun Williams, Mostert, and Tartt all gone next season. 

I'm not nearly as bullish on Moore as I was when we drafted him. His angles and actual tackling are just so bad. He's an inferior overall player to Tartt despite probably having better ball skills. 

I really hope we look to the draft for another safety option like Lewis Cine. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not nearly as bullish on Moore as I was when we drafted him. His angles and actual tackling are just so bad. He's an inferior overall player to Tartt despite probably having better ball skills. 

Plus Moore is coming off of a torn Achilles. It's going to be over a year when the season starts but a concern with his burst for a player who is supposed to be fast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Moore definitely needs to take better angles but you will almost NEVER see him out of position. It was only a matter of time until he was going to start making plays. I'm good with Moore but would want more competition with Hufanga as well. 

Tartt is not going to be expensive so not sure why we couldn't bring him back for a cheap deal. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Looking into Anthony Lynn and went on a bender on Split zone. Some potential wrinkles with Lance found this video on how Lamar Jackson was used for option Split zone. 

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the run game expand with Lance behind Center. I think Lance will add a bunch of new wrinkles to the Wideback plays with Deebo. Defenses were keying in heavily on Deebo toward the end of the season and were slowing those big gains down. But with Lance in the backfield, they can over commit to Deebo like they were this year. 

Not to mention Lance throwing on the run out of zone-read looks with Deebo in the backfield. We could see some chunky gains with those plays at a higher rate than we saw this year.  

52 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Plus Moore is coming off of a torn Achilles. It's going to be over a year when the season starts but a concern with his burst for a player who is supposed to be fast. 

This is where I'm at. If they let Tartt walk, my guess is that the staff feels pretty good about Moore's health. If this indeed happens, then I expect Ward to fill Tartt's role with Hufanga in reserve. I see Moore as more of the rangy deep safety where his speed and ball skills play better. We didn't have someone like this in 2021 and it's needed. 

I also hope we draft a safety. Daxton Hall and Jaquan Brisker are my top choices. Both are high day-two picks, so I'm suggesting using our first selection of the draft on one of them, assuming we don't fleece the Commanders for their 1st.