49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

If he falls I'd be all in, but that's a big if. I think he still goes top twenty

I mean the trade would be long done by then so we can't wait to see if he drops lol.

But I'm fine with just keeping our 2nd rounder and adding another 2nd rounder to the mix. Again, having four picks in the first three rounds would be pretty damn sweet, considering the free agents we have. 

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He fits the bill of what we like to do and it just makes perfect sense. 

Thomas taking a leap in year two with Gilmore and Moseley? That would be so so good. 

Hope Moseley gets more nickel reps in practice. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the trade would be long done by then so we can't wait to see if he drops lol.

But I'm fine with just keeping our 2nd rounder and adding another 2nd rounder to the mix. Again, having four picks in the first three rounds would be pretty damn sweet, considering the free agents we have. 

Exactly. I mean, if we could make the flip and it would net us Washington's pick, I'd probably do that. But If it's a flip just to end up with pick 27 where I don't think any of the guys I'd consider big jumps in tiers, I'd just take the extra pick in the 50's and maybe even get another mid round pick the following year. 

This draft is shallow as hell in the first round in my opinion 

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So we know that we need to bring in a corner, which is the first good step. Not sure it will be Gilmore, ultimately, but at least it lets us know that they are prepared to get after it this year unlike last season. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Forge said:

So we know that we need to bring in a corner, which is the first good step. Not sure it will be Gilmore, ultimately, but at least it lets us know that they are prepared to get after it this year unlike last season. 

Personally, I'm not terribly pumped about what we'd have to pay for an oft injured CB over 30. I do hope we bring some guys in, but idk that I trust Gilmore to stay healthy or keep up his level of play from his NE years. 

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Personally, I'm not terribly pumped about what we'd have to pay for an oft injured CB over 30. I do hope we bring some guys in, but idk that I trust Gilmore to stay healthy or keep up his level of play from his NE years. 

If it's a fluffy five years where it's really only a two year deal, it's probably fine. But I agree that there is some fear there. Older guy market, TBH. Haden, Hayward, hell, even Fuller is already 30

49 minutes ago, GW21 said:

If we get Gilmore, we better re-sign Verrett. Together they may make it through an entire season

I have a sneaking suspicion y'all will end up with Brady. Besides the fact quarterbacking for them is his boyhood dream, he walked away from the game way too easily.

Brady throwing to Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle just sounds so sick and wrong.

Edited by biggie.

13 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I have a sneaking suspicion y'all will end up with Brady. Besides the fact quarterbacking for them is his boyhood dream, he walked away from the game way too easily.

Really doubt it. There's are financials to consider and the niners set this up to for this purpose, I think

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I am 99.9% certain this won’t happen. Bucs ain’t trading for Jimmy, therefore we would have nothing to offer for the rights to Brady. Brady’s cost would probably be too high and I wouldn’t give him the money and jeopardize signing our players. Oh, and also, Brady pretty much stated that he still holds a grudge against our organization.

Would we have a pretty good chance to win 1 with Brady, probably. But I would rather be set up to win multiple Superbowls than pull an LA Rams and be screwed for the future after winning 1.

Trey Lance WILL be our starting QB next season…..not Brady, not Rodgers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

We need to sign a CB but it doesn't need to be a guy at the top of the heap. I'm not really into paying the top of the market guys. Go get a Charvarius Ward or a Levi Wallace. Not a fan of paying guys like Gilmore based on what they used to be. He's still a top CB but we don't need a Top 2-3 guy. We just need a comptent guy to plug opposite Mosely while Thomas and Lenior continue to develop.

• Like 1