2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

17 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

No clue if this is reliable. Personally, I'd rather just retain Ingram and double dip early in the draft. I wouldn't want to gamble on his back injury and likely high cap hit.

Wild.  I said back at the time of the Frank Clark trade,  why not just sign Zadarius and get the same production while saving a draft pick.   4 years too late 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

@DefenseWinsChampionships where do you honestly think Schultz ends up and for how much?

Wasn't that thread 🔒 locked 🔒 for a reason? 

I've intensionally stayed out of this thread for a reason and have only read more than post; because I don't want to ruin a good thread while highjacking it into a Dalton Schultz soap opera. 

Unlock the Dalton Schultz thread and I'll give you my opinions on which teams can sign him and for how much etc (PS: I'm from Queens NY and have think skin as a sports fan so I can deal with opposing fans giving me a difficult time).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Wasn't that thread 🔒 locked 🔒 for a reason? 

I've intensionally stayed out of this thread for a reason and have only read more than post; because I don't want to ruin a good thread while highjacking it into a Dalton Schultz soap opera. 

Unlock the Dalton Schultz thread and I'll give you my opinions on which teams can sign him and for how much etc (PS: I'm from Queens NY and have think skin as a sports fan so I can deal with opposing fans giving me a difficult time).

Good man. I’ve enjoyed your passion. Personally I think he signs with the Jaguars.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Wild.  I said back at the time of the Frank Clark trade,  why not just sign Zadarius and get the same production while saving a draft pick.   4 years too late 

I said the same thing about the Dee Ford trade. I was hoping we'd sign Preston Smith at the time though. This would have worked out better for both of our teams if we went the FA route. I look forward to the day we don't have to pay the corpse of Dee Ford anymore. 

40 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Good man. I’ve enjoyed your passion. Personally I think he signs with the Jaguars.

Well since you've asked for it...

(In no specific order). 

Jets. 

Bengals. 

Chargers. 

Jaguars. 

And for more than the 2022's TE Franchise Tag value of $10.8M; so I'll estimate $12.5M per year. 

Three (3) reasons why I think my Jets become Front Runners. 

1.) Coach Robert Saleh. He's the definition of a players coach who all NFL players and former/current teammates of his absolutely love. His 🔥 of energy, character, charisma, and passionate personality are all second to none (I love this dude for the face of our FA recruiting process). 

2.) Zach Wilson. A.) Both Zach Wilson and Dalton Schultz are born and raised in Utah and B.) both share the same religious beliefs (Mormon) so once combining both A-B together = immediate/instant bond these two kids would share amongst one another moving forward. C.) Zach Wilson's arm talents. You can't deny it. It's why every NFL draft expert/guru compared his arm talents coming out of BYU to all 3 of Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen while they were coming out of college. 

As a Jets fan I've truly never seen anything like it before (from any of our QBs, ever) and during his Rookie season he made so many throws that were even more jaw dropping than even those were and fyi we didn't go 4-13 because of "Zach Wilson"; this kid was drafted into a 2-14 team but we're now (finally) fully loaded in top 5 Available Salary Cap Space + the NFLs #1 ranked and rated upcoming Draft Capital (in order to fully rebuild and improve). 

3.) The bright lights of NYC. Our Jets have been starved an exciting pass catching TE for 30+ years now and our fan base has been absolutely craved and crazed for a TE such as Dalton Schultz. NFL players receive two-thirds of the money that is generated from their jersey sales; meaning that his jersey #86 will automatically fly off the shelves within not only Manhattan (NYC) but all 4 other boroughs too (especially Queens NY + New Jersey).  Our NY fan base once made Jeremy Lin during Linsanity jersey become #2 most sold behind only D-Rose that year so if Dalton Schultz comes to the Jets? He's automatically making millions upon millions of dollars just off of his #86 jersey sales alone because TE starved/craved/crazed Jets fans of NY/NJ such as myself are copping his #86 and right off the jump too. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Well since you've asked for it...

(In no specific order). 

Jets. 

Bengals. 

Chargers. 

Jaguars. 

And for more than the 2022's TE Franchise Tag value of $10.8M; so I'll estimate $12.5M per year. 

Three (3) reasons why I think my Jets become Front Runners. 

1.) Coach Robert Saleh. He's the definition of a players coach who all NFL players and former/current teammates of his absolutely love. His 🔥 of energy, character, charisma, and passionate personality are all second to none (I love this dude for the face of our FA recruiting process). 

2.) Zach Wilson. A.) Both Zach Wilson and Dalton Schultz are born and raised in Utah and B.) both share the same religious beliefs (Mormon) so once combining both A-B together = immediate/instant bond these two kids would share amongst one another moving forward. C.) Zach Wilson's arm talents. You can't deny it. It's why every NFL draft expert/guru compared his arm talents coming out of BYU to all 3 of Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen while they were coming out of college. 

As a Jets fan I've truly never seen anything like it before (from any of our QBs, ever) and during his Rookie season he made so many throws that were even more jaw dropping than even those were and fyi we didn't go 4-13 because of "Zach Wilson"; this kid was drafted into a 2-14 team but we're now (finally) fully loaded in top 5 Available Salary Cap Space + the NFLs #1 ranked and rated upcoming Draft Capital (in order to fully rebuild and improve). 

3.) The bright lights of NYC. Our Jets have been starved an exciting pass catching TE for 30+ years now and our fan base has been absolutely craved for a TE such as Dalton Schultz and NFL players receive two-thirds of the money that is generated from their jersey sales; meaning that his jersey #86 will automatically fly off the shelves within not only Manhattan (NYC) but all 4 other boroughs too (especially Queens NY + New Jersey. Our NY fan base once made Jeremy Lin during Linsanity jersey become #2 most sold behind only D-Rose that year. Dalton Schultz comes to the Jets? He's automatically making millions upon millions of dollars just off his #86 jersey sales alone because TE starved/craved Jets fans of NY/NJ such as myself are copping one off the jump. 

Chargers would be a good fit I didn’t think of. Not sure their cap situation though.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Chargers would be a good fit I didn’t think of. Not sure their cap situation though.

Second most space in the league, I believe. 

• Like 1