2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, adamq said:

Just because "his ceiling is higher" doesn't make him a better player. Jimmy G is most definitely a better QB than Mayfield right now

I will take production over ceiling in the NFL and Jimmy > Baker.

Year 5 is a little late for ceiling in a case where year 6 will require a 200 million dollar investment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

What does your useless opinion on the legality or morality of Deshaun Watson have to do with anything?

Sorry, forgot the rule that anyone with a useless opinion should just not express it.

Should probably shut this site down. And a lot of others.

Maybe you can respond to my rebuttal to your claim that there is "nothing there"? Maybe we could have a discussion there instead of.... whatever this is. 

• Like 1

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Sorry, forgot the rule that anyone with a useless opinion should just not express it.

Should probably shut this site down. And a lot of others.

Maybe you can respond to my rebuttal to your claim that there is "nothing there"? Maybe we could have a discussion there instead of.... whatever this is. 

Ok, lets try again because you are not getting it. In the eyes of the law of the land there is nothing there. In the eyes of these 5 or 6 teams trading for Watson there is nothing there. They are all so much better than you at this that you might as well not exist by comparison. This is how it works in America and the NFL. You are free to buy an island and set up your own version of Russia. You can start your own league and impose your own personal holy rules of morality. Deshaun will avoid that island.

I'm not telling you that you can't express yourself. I am just pointing out that you are miserably bad at it when it comes to legal issues, NFL discipline issues, and NFL hiring or trading issues... in this particular case.

I have no interest in controlling your thoughts or stopping you from embarrassing yourself.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sure, if we're comparing current Jimmy G to Baker during a season where he played severely injured all year.

I dont want to get into a QB wins discussion, especially in this thread, but I'll just say I'd take what I've seen from Jimmy compared to what Baker's done from his second year on

(Jimmy also played hurt last year, but Baker was probably more injured)

Seahawks twitter is melting down right now during this Pete Carroll press conference because Pete Carroll seems absolutely lost and has no real answers to anything lol

Says his philosophy isn't going to change, went on some tangents about trading for Marshawn Lynch in 2010, talked about Kaepernick...the guy is losing it.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

I dont want to get into a QB wins discussion, especially in this thread, but I'll just say I'd take what I've seen from Jimmy compared to what Baker's done from his second year on

(Jimmy also played hurt last year, but Baker was probably more injured)

Jimmy was awesome often in 2019. He was top 10 across the board in everything except INT% He was a major reason they got the 1 seed even if his job was easy in those 2 home games. He had 2 games with 130+ rating, 300+ yards, 4 TD passes, and they won by 2 and 3 points. That's the 1 seed instead of the 5 seed right there.

He had 4 games of 130+ that year.

That's not carried by your defense.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

In the eyes of the law of the land there is nothing there.

In the eyes of the law of the land OJ Simpson didn't kill his wife. Guess that means everyone who has ever said other wise is just embarrassing themselves. It is a good thing that it is a very high bar to be found criminally liable in the US. That doesn't mean that guilty people don't slip through the cracks. If you want I can get you stats on conviction rates of sexual assault cases, or you can just take my word that they are by far the hardest cases to convict.

In the eyes of these 5 or 6 teams trading for Watson there is nothing there. They are all so much better than you at this that you might as well not exist by comparison.

They are investigating for PR only. Do they find anything immediately damning to the point where they can't trade for this guy? If you think NFL teams really care about him being a good guy, I have a bridge somewhere to sell you. This is all about money, end of story.

But based on available evidence I would say it is a lot more embarrassing to claim there is "nothing there" than the opposite. Did some of the accusers make things up to secure a bag? Probably. Was there at least one woman who says she was assaulted in some way who was telling the truth? Highly likely.

But what do I know with my useless opinion.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seahawks twitter is melting down right now during this Pete Carroll press conference because Pete Carroll seems absolutely lost and has no real answers to anything lol

Says his philosophy isn't going to change, went on some tangents about trading for Marshawn Lynch in 2010, talked about Kaepernick...the guy is losing it.

gaslight GIF by The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How much have they loved him in the NFL? LOL.

• Like 1

Intellectual dishonesty. 

The evidence that proved OJs guilt was found and seen on TV but was obtained illegally. He got off on a technicality. Reasonable people can assume he was guilty but the cops screwed up very publicly. The entire case was on television. I am waiting for your incredible inside information to make this case relevant to OJ.

Just blather? I thought so.

I know well about how tough sexual assault cases can be for convictions. We are talking about indictments which are much easier. (though still not trivial, nothing about this is)

Your claim of highly likely is meaningless prattle.

I know that 1 of the 2 went back again for another appointment.(according to reports) I also know that that in itself proves nothing but it makes that one case very suspect.

There are text messages and emails all over the place from many of these people including Deshaun. The grand jury saw what was available. We did not.

Its also a fact of the case that the civil case preceded the criminal cases. Its not an uncommon tactic to pressure a civil case this way. Its literally your money or your life just through the justice system. Or it just worked out that way for other reasons. We can't know, but only you claim to know.

Edited by SkippyX

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Intellectual dishonesty. 

The evidence that proved OJs guilt was found and seen on TV but was obtained illegally. He got off on a technicality. Reasonable people can assume he was guilty but the cops screwed up very publicly. The entire case was on television. I am waiting for your incredible inside information to make this case relevant to OJ.

Just blather? I thought so.

I know well about how tough sexual assault cases can be for convictions. We are talking about indictments which are much easier. (though still not trivial, nothing about this is)

Your claim of highly likely is meaningless prattle.

I know that 1 of the 2 went back again for another appointment.(according to reports) I also know that that in itself proves nothing but it makes that one case very suspect.

There are text messages and emails all over the place from many of these people including Deshaun. The grand jury saw what was available. We did not.

Its also a fact of the case that the civil case preceded the criminal cases. Its not an uncommon tactic to pressure a civil case this way. Its literally your money or your life just through the justice system. Or it just worked out that way for other reasons. We can't know, but only you claim to know.

Who claimed to know anything? Please list a single instance where I have claimed something as definite as you did when you said, "There is nothing there".

It isn't dishonest to fight an argument that claims the law of the land should be believed by showing the law of the land makes mistakes. Your talking about how public evidence allows you to say the OJ case is an outlier, but then you make the claim "there is nothing there" when you don't have access to the evidence that was presented to the grand jury. Why is that? How do you know the case was bad due to a lack of evidence, not because the cops did a poor job? That is what we call a false equivalence. When it benefits my side, it is true. When it doesn't it is ridiculous. People claimed how this case could have been put together improperly, and you immediately disagreed with that possibility in the News forum. Interesting.

Reality is: You are making a LOT more claims that make you seem very certain of the outcome of this case. I am merely saying the outcome of this case is far from proof of anything. NFL teams being willing to trade for him is also not proof of anything.

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its some really basic logic that pretending omniscience is for fools.

Pretending a high probability of omniscience just means a high probability that you are a fool.

Just let it go.

Or maybe, having an opinion is ok regardless if some random person named SkippyX on Footballs Future believes you are allowed to have said opinion or not. 

Also, you should probably quote people when responding to them so they know you responded. Just a helpful hint.

• Like 4