2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Akash reported this yesterday and nobody is certain whether he actually followed the niners. I even asked him why he posted it if he wasn't sure lol 

Like, that's some quality stuff  lol

Personally? I hope we are at least kicking the tires on a move (and I would be talking with the Jets given their draft capital and they may be amenable to sending back Corey Davis to the niners which keeps the niners receiver room from being a black hole). I'm not saying I want him to be traded, but they need to at check it out. 49ers fans are overly emotional about Deebo because the style he plays endears him to fans, but paying that guy big money given the injury concerns, prior production issues and future productionconcerns  if you're going to keep him in the same role given the wear and tear (and Lance's ties with Aiyuk and the change in offense under Lance). 

I've had a love / hate relationship with re-signing him for a while now. This last year was a curse and a blessing...it showed what he's capable of doing, but obviously also increased his demand and I think that there's a really good shot that we just saw the best season of his career. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself (it was a really good season, after all), but is he a 1200 receiving yards / 350 rushing yards guy, or a 900 receiving yards / 200 rushing yards guy? That's a huge difference. 

Yeah it's brutal the money WR's are getting these days. My post was mostly as a joke, my 49er fan relatives were talking hypothetical trades just yesterday in a group text and now these comments. Nobody is ever going to be happy with the trade of a good player like him, hell look at Rams fans comments about Bobby Trees getting traded to the Titans and he's older coming off an injury it's a no win for the organization especially if they don't replace him adequately with the pick they get back.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

but if Fitz wasn’t willing/ready to come back and play in sunny Florida for his former coach, alongside the GOAT, it has to be a wrap on his career (I think most of us already deciphered that even without a formal announcement)

Unfortunately, I think this sums it up. He's just not interested in chasing a ring. 

Sucks, though, I always wanted him to get one. I think he's still easily capable of 4-500 yards in a depth role, but to his credit, he holds himself to a higher standard than being a shell of the great WR that was. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Just saying...barbers are some of the best sources of information out there so.......

Supposedly this guy claims to actually know somebody in the front office. It seems he's predicted/called our last 4 deals though most everybody thought we had a great chance at Wagner. Personally the best thing my barber is a good source on is bourbon which is very appreciated.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

Don’t wanna make a thread for this, seems the best place to post it would be here.

This would’ve been awesome to see.

Larry Fitzgerald stated in July on NBC that he “doesn’t know if he’s playing ball this fall” but that he stayed in shape. Evident that he gave up on any plans this past season to play at some point.

but man…. after AB walked out and Godwin was done for the year, with Evans dealing with his own injuries, it made all the sense in the world at the time.

I don’t want the rebuttal of ”he’s cooked”

Breshad Perriman is fast as **** and he’s cooked too lol

but if Fitz wasn’t willing/ready to come back and play in sunny Florida for his former coach, alongside the GOAT, it has to be a wrap on his career (I think most of us already deciphered that even without a formal announcement)

Lol

Larry Fitzgerald retired. He literally said so at an AZ charity event a couple months ago. He didn't want to go out with trumpets. He wanted to go out quietly, which he did.

He'd never play for another team. He deserved a ring and the Cardinals failed to get him that. He retired on his terms as a Free Agent - not mid-contract. He left the game before his body broke down or his play declined so much that he'd be discarded and forced to retire.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't he say something along the lines of that he does that every offseason to avoid football? lol

Not that I'm aware of. 

That said, it may mean something and may not. It's not nothing, but it could also just be frustration with the negotiation at this point, which I would get. Doesn't necessarily mean he gets moved. 

But it's worthwhile to monitor because we have seen the 49ers up and move a guy before out of nowhere because negotiations stalled (Buckner)