2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

35 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Trey McBride. 2nd round. 36th overall (we've got 4 picks within just the 1st 38 draft slots alone). 

You misunderstood.  Not you're desire to fill the TE position but this notion because the Jets are so loaded with available Cap Space (4th), Woody Johnson is actually going to go on a FA spending spree rather then bank it ala the Colts and Dolphins last year.

47 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

How upset will you be if your Organization/Owner decides to not spend most of that available Cap

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You misunderstood.  Not you're desire to fill the TE position but this notion because the Jets are so loaded with available Cap Space (4th), Woody Johnson is actually going to go on a FA spending spree rather then bank it ala the Colts and Dolphins last year.

That won't happen. 

Jets just drafted Zach Wilson 2nd overall last year, we haven't made the playoffs in over 10 years and our GM Joe Douglas has worked like a dog (since replacing an atrocious GM Mike Maccagnan) in order to put us in our current situation. 

Not only will the Jets spend this offseason but our GM will pour every ounce of available resources into building around both Zach and and coach Robert Saleh. 

We're going to spend and spend big this offseason because we're even more fully loaded in 2023 available Salary Cap Space (than we currently are) come next offseason. 

With Zach Wilson on his Rookie contract our GM is going to spend and draft in order to build around this kid.

Fitz in Miami was 9-11 with 33 TDs 21 picks and an 89 rating. He was paid 6.75 a year and the WFT gave him a raise to just over 9 million.

Trubisky is clearly and obviously worth 10-12 million base with incentives.

I don't want him starting in NY or DC because his upside is much higher than the stiffs they have now or the rookies in years 1 and 2. I'd like to see him thrive in Pittsburgh. (12th to 18th best QB level of thriving, nothing crazy)

• Like 1

A landing spot for Garoppolo?

The wildest rumor I heard this week? Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo potentially pairing with New Orleans. This would be a surprise since many around the league expect Jameis Winston to return to the Saints. But if Rodgers and Wilson aren't moved, Garoppolo becomes one of the top options available. Maybe New Orleans at least kicks this idea around. -- Fowler

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Fitz in Miami was 9-11 with 33 TDs 21 picks and an 89 rating. He was paid 6.75 a year and the WFT gave him a raise to just over 9 million.

Trubisky is clearly and obviously worth 10-12 million base with incentives.

I don't want him starting in NY or DC because his upside is much higher than the stiffs they have now or the rookies in years 1 and 2. I'd like to see him thrive in Pittsburgh. (12th to 18th best QB level of thriving, nothing crazy)

We finally agree on something.

If DC gets even mediocre QB play they could easily be a 10-13 win team. The rest of the team is really solid, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Honey Badger about to test the market apparently

There have been some interesting posts made by him that sort of hinted at that, so I'm not surprised. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

There have been some interesting posts made by him that sort of hinted at that, so I'm not surprised. 

He's a fiery player and still solid but he definitely has an inflated self worth. It'll probably sound like sour grapes as he's probably not gonna be on my Chiefs much longer but his impact took a hit this year.

Not sure if injured but he wasn't much of a tackler but instead tried to go for the strip all the time (think Marcus Peters, minus the consistent turnovers) and would let the receiver get another 5-7 yards until the cavalry arrives to finish the tackle. I'm sure having Dan Sorensen lining up beside him did him no favors.

Having said that, I would LOVE for him to remain the defensive leader but not at the price, as all indications suggest, he feels he's worth.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Smells like Baltimore…

I don't even wanna speak it into existence but I could see Vegas go all out for him. I could also see him try to get back to Louisiana, he still has a deep love for the area.

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I don't even wanna speak it into existence but I could see Vegas go all out for him. I could also see him try to get back to Louisiana, he still has a deep love for the area.

Vegas would pull the trigger on that after an uptick year from Abrams and a very solid year for the rookie Moehrig? They can play with their numbers but they’re not exactly flush with space either. Twice as true for NO. Shrug. 

Want no part of that guy joining Tennessee or Baltimore.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Vegas would pull the trigger on that after an uptick year from Abrams and a very solid year for the rookie Moehrig? They can play with their numbers but they’re not exactly flush with space either. Twice as true for NO. Shrug. 

Want no part of that guy joining Tennessee or Baltimore.

Yeah you're probably right. Just seems like team fits I guess. Not sure what he's gonna do tbh, he might find that noone is gonna match what he's looking for and settle. Guess we'll see.