2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Bengals are an interesting name.. will Mike Brown spend money on Jesse Bates AND J.C. Jackson a year after seeing what his previous defensive investments did for him?

This one makes sense, Daboll being familiar w/ Trubisky from their short time together in Buffalo. If NYG is in true rebuild mode (listening to offers for Barkley, Bradberry, Shepard) then it really wouldn’t matter who wins out their QB competition

With Metcalf only having a year left on his rookie deal, have to think Seattle plans to pay DK if they’re willing to move Lockett?

42 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

God, I hope it’s the 49ers out of that group…

Interesting Miami would be in with a first round (bust?) CB and two highly paid guys on their roster already. I know money talks, but can’t imagine a free agent rushing to play in Miami with these allegations floating around. Not unless they’re way overpaying.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Interesting Miami would be in with a first round (bust?) CB and two highly paid guys on their roster already. I know money talks, but can’t imagine a free agent rushing to play in Miami with these allegations floating around. Not unless they’re way overpaying.

I'd assume they would trade Xavien Howard after tweaking his deal a couple times to keep him happy

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

It won't be, we don't really have the money for it. Reports are that we are looking at cheaper options in the mid tier category. We also don't value the position the way some teams do. Defensively we blitz less and rely on pressure from the front 4, so we don't need great corners as much as a team that may be far more blitz heavy leaving corners on an island. We'll put more assets into the pass rush again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Lol. It's Miami. We're always going to be a top FA destination, let alone having to overpay for anyone.

Schultz doesn't have any sources, just always throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks. Dude was saying that McDaniel had a second interview with the Dolphins that lasted the entire day and that "he blew them away" when it was revealed the next day that they hadn't even scheduled a second interview yet, walked back his comments like a puppy with his tail between his legs.

5 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Lol. It's Miami. We're always going to be a top FA destination, let alone having to overpay for anyone.

I mean, have there been some high end FAs the Dolphins have brought in lately? Byron Jones I guess, and that was a record breaking contract, so that doesn’t really apply. Ogbah has played well but wasn’t exactly highly sought at the time. KVN? Butler? Karras? Roberts? Overpaid & not really high end players. Two of which improved immediately upon leaving. Who else?

Again, money talks. But that aside, why would someone want to go to a team that (allegedly) throws games and just fired a coach that, at face value, seems very popular around the league? 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, have there been some high end FAs the Dolphins have brought in lately? Byron Jones I guess, and that was a record breaking contract, so that doesn’t really apply. Ogbah has played well but wasn’t exactly highly sought at the time. KVN? Butler? Karras? Roberts? Overpaid & not really high end players. Two of which improved immediately upon leaving. Who else?

Again, money talks. But that aside, why would someone want to go to a team that (allegedly) throws games and just fired a coach that, at face value, seems very popular around the league? 

Are you expecting them to sign high end free agents every offseason? But who has salary cap? BTW who immediately improved upon leaving? You're not talking about KVN and Karras are you?

They didn't have the cap space last spring to spend a lot and they planned to not be as aggressive last offseason. Not sure what your definition of lately is but they've always been players in free agency, especially since notoriously impatient Ross bought the team in '08, that isn't going to change.

Just off the top of my head in the past 6-7 years: Will Fuller, Butler, KVN, Shaq Lawson, Ereck Flowers, Byron Jones, Jordan Howard, Ndamokung Suh, Brent Grimes, Mike Wallace, Branden Albert, Mario Williams. Some of these guys were obviously not stars per say but all these guys were sought after free agents, even if they didn't pan out. Overpaid sure but news flash, that's free agency.

Yeah, money talks and Miami has no state income tax plus the most cap space in the league. The Dolphins may be a terrible franchise whose owner is a big meanie that throws games but the location will never change. Half the league lives down here during the offseason. I can guarantee Miami is still near the top of the list for manyyyyy players in the league based on location alone, regardless of (so far) unproven allegations. BTW, they also hired a new guy, who at face value, seems very popular around the league.

Anyways not gonna derail this thread any further. JC Jackson to Miami would make very little sense unless they plan on trading Howard, when they've already said they want him back next season. Byron Jones' dead cap is too much to consider releasing him outright, especially since he's still a good player. It would make more sense to move on next offseason, where they have an out in his contract.

Edited by Emerica

10 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Just off the top of my head in the past 6-7 years:

Well okay then…

Byron Jones

Mentioned. Record breaking contract.

Ndamokung Suh

Record breaking contract.

Brent Grimes

9 years ago.

Mike Wallace

9 years ago.

Branden Albert

8 years ago.

Mario Williams.

“Only” 6 years ago, coming off his worst year and subsequently retired right after a dreadful stint in Miami…so I guess?

Some of these guys were obviously not stars per say but all these guys were sought after free agents, even if they didn't pan out. Overpaid sure but news flash, that's free agency.

How many of them signed amidst allegations of throwing football games for cash?

• Like 1

If J.C. Jackson goes to...

Cincinnati and creates a duo of J.C. Jackson (CB) and Jessie Bates III (FS)?

Or...

Chargers and creates a duo of J.C. Jackson (CB) and Derwin James (FS)?

Watch out. 

Because both of these teams already have High Octane Offenses already in place but once they begin to prevent teams from Scoring? 

Scary.

As an NY Jets fan I really truly couldn't care less where he goes because as long as he leaves N.E.? 

Celebrate We Did It GIF by SAG Awards

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Well okay then…

Mentioned. Record breaking contract.

Record breaking contract.

9 years ago.

9 years ago.

8 years ago.

“Only” 6 years ago, coming off his worst year and subsequently retired right after a dreadful stint in Miami…so I guess?

How many of them signed amidst allegations of throwing football games for cash?

Ok lol not going to get in petty, semantic arguments with you. If you think these allegations are going to have an effect on free agents, that's cool. As you said, money talks and Miami has plenty of it. Enjoy your evening